I would like to do a daily Instagram challenge for the month of December. Who’s with me?
Here’s the idea:
For every day in December, post one Instagram photo of something “merry” you have done that day. The idea is to spend a moment appreciating the little things, and carving out some holiday merriment just for yourself.
We all have so many responsibilities, and this time of year can be so stressful. So consider this your opportunity to take some “me time” and do something enjoyable for yourself.
Some ideas, big and small
- Go out searching for pretty light displays
- Make your own pretty light display
- Attend a local tree lighting or holiday night
- Make a paper chain to count down the days until Christmas
- Make or buy an advent calendar
- Bake cookies
- Wrap gifts
- Wear red
- Make a gingerbread house
- Plug in a string of lights, and play with different photographic styles
- Decorate the tree
- Make hot chocolate with peppermint whipped cream on top
- Knit a hat to donate to a local charity
- Decorate your cubicle
- Change your desktop background or your phone’s wallpaper to something festive
- Have a holiday movie night with the family
- Go out and treat yourself to a gingerbread latte
I could go on forever with this, but I won’t 🙂
I’m doing this for myself because this is the first holiday season in 17 years that I won’t be home during the daytime. I don’t want to let work overshadow my enjoyment of the Christmas season, and so I’m going to make a conscious effort to do something festive (no matter how small) every day.
How to Participate
I hope you will join me! Use the hashtag #pdcbemerry (short for “polka dot cottage be merry”) so that we may form a little community of merrymaking! I’ll be keeping an eye on the hashtag all month, so I can see what you’re all up to. It will be fun!
Don’t think you can do every day? It’s ok! No pressure. Just participate at your own pace and your own level.
If you want to make sure you get a reminder again before December 1st, follow me on Instagram. If you really want to make sure you don’t miss a reminder, you can subscribe to notifications for my new posts.
See you on Instagram on December 1st!