True to form, I made a lot of stuff. Some people spend all of their time socializing and have next to nothing finished by the time they leave. I spend most of my time cranking stuff out, and do a lot less socializing than I should. I’m sure there is a happy medium in there somewhere. As an introvert, I naturally gravitate towards keeping to myself, but I do enjoy the social opportunities very much. I’m just pretty bad at seeking them out myself. When they come to me, though, I try to take advantage 🙂
So, pictured up there are all of the canes I made, minus two that I gave away, and four that I made in such small quantity that they are already used up.
Beneath that photo is an image of all of the finished items I came home with. They weren’t completely finished. A great deal of them required sanding and buffing, which I dealt with last night and this morning. I knew if I didn’t take care of it right away, all of those pieces would likely remain unfinished. I know this because I still have a few small piles of unfinished Clayathon business from previous years. Oops.
I’m excited to get all of these pieces added to the shop! It’s pretty time-consuming, though, so I’m willing to give 10% off to anyone who wants to take an item (or two, or three!) off of my hands now so I don’t have to photograph it and get it listed. More on that in a minute… Nevermind – it’s all been added to the shop. Have a look!
As far as the canes go, these are going to be the basis for the new patterns I’ll be offering on custom work in 2016. Let me give you a quick little tour:
First up will be a new color scheme! This is called “Spring” and it will be joining Rainbow, Swamp, Seaside, and Blue in the shop.
Tortoise and Retro, respectively. Each of the five color schemes will be available in these two patterns.
It’s going to take me a little while to get all of this set up, between the new color/pattern choices for custom work, and the new ready-to-ship items. While we wait, I’d like to offer the opportunity for you to grab something I made this weekend.
In exchange for saving me the trouble of listing it in the shop, I will give you 10% off of whatever you buy. Just email me at [email protected] with the subject line “New Order,” tell me what you’d like, and I’ll generate a link for you to securely order what you’d like. 🙂 It’s all now for sale in the shop.
Seam Rippers (regularly $21) and Focal Button (regularly $8)
- Seam Ripper in Spring Jubilee
- Seam Ripper in Blue Jubilee
- Seam Ripper in Swamp Retro
- Seam Ripper in Multicolor Mosaic (2 available)
- Seam Ripper in Blue Tortoise
- Seam Ripper in Seaside Retro
- Seam Ripper in Comicbook Retro
- Focal Button in Spring Tortoise
Earrings (regularly $20)
- Oval in Spring Tortoise w/ silver wires
- Oval in Spring Tortoise w/ gold wires
- Semicircle in Spring Tortoise w/ copper wires
- Circle in Spring Tortoise w/ gold wires
- Circle in Spring Tortoise w/ copper wires
- Circle in Spring Jubilee w/ gold wires
- Oval in Comicbook Retro w/ silver wires
- Oval in Comicbook Retro w/ copper wires
- Circle in Comicbook Retro w/ gold wires
- Square in Seaside Mosaic w/ silver kidney wires
- Circle in Seaside Retro w/ silver wires
- Circle in Blue Calico w/ silver wires
- Oval in Blue Tortoise w/ copper wires
- Square in Blue Mosaic w/ silver kidney wires
- Square in Swamp Mosaic w/ silver kidney wires
- Square in Rainbow Mosaic w/ silver kidney wires
Stick Pens (regularly $12)
- Multicolor Mosaic w/ purple ink
- Spring Tortoise w/ green ink
- Multicolor Mosaic w/ blue ink
- Comicbook Retro w/ blue ink
Shawl Pins (regularly $22) and Crochet Hooks (regularly $18)
- Shawl Pin in Spring Tortoise
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook in Comicbook Retro with thumb rest, size H
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook in Blue Afghan with thumb rest and extra thick handle, size F
That’s all folks! If you want to take advantage of this sale, just email me at [email protected] with the subject line “New Order” before I get these things photographed and listed in the shop. You probably have a day or two, but not much more than that. It’s all now for sale in the shop. Custom ordering will be opening up again once I get all of the new patterns and color schemes properly photographed, also some time in the next week. That, too, is ready to go.
Thanks for looking! I hope you see something you like 🙂