The other night I woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep. In that time, I wrote the introduction to this post, as well as two or three other complete posts in my head. Unfortunately, now that I sit down to actually write, all of those eloquent middle-of-the-night words have left me. Isn’t that always the way?
I wish I could remember what I thought would be such a good thing to tell you about here… Whatever it was, you can trust me that it was really great. You would have loved it. Heh.
How about we just get to the good stuff?
These are the images I was drawn to this week on Flickr. These were all taken by other talented people. You can click the links below to find out more about each picture.
Around the Web
Here are some links to keep you out of trouble this weekend…
- I love this peek into Brooklyn Craft Camp from The Zen of Making
- How unique! Garden hose spring wreath from Create. Craft. Love.
- This guy must get up more than 10 minutes before school starts…
- Some people can do amazing things with paper: life size Zelda papercraft
- I love this dresser makeover from Sew Much Ado. http://ow.ly/jiAvL
- An ode to cloth napkins from Eating from the Ground Up
- Oddball lace jumpsuit refashioned into a lovely dress by Tea Rose Home
- Boy shorts from Taylor Made
- Weaving in ends – a crochet tip from WEBS
- Crochet rug from t-shirts and yarn remnants by Olino Hobby
- Today’s serendipitous find: crochet necklace I didn’t know I needed. From Creative Yarn
- The necklace I posted earlier didn’t contain instructions for the flower. Attic24 to the rescue!
- From Geek Craft: Make flash stencils for your camera and do some good old-fashioned painting with light
Business, Advice, Encouragement
- Fabulous advice and encouragement from Michele Made Me for anyone taking on a long-term creative project
- Discovering & using your strengths: marketing tips from ARMOMMY via Spoonflower
I’m considering putting together a very short survey that will help me to understand better how you are reading this site – I’d like to understand you guys and your habits so that I know where to concentrate my efforts for future improvements. You know I am always tinkering with this site, and I want to make sure the changes I consider are actually going to be helpful!
Please keep an eye out for that survey this week, and please do respond, if you can. It means a lot to me!
Have a great weekend