Friday already? Wow, this week went fast! Unlike last week, I actually had time to poke around Flickr a little bit, so there are some pretties for you to look at. I’m glad about that, because I didn’t like posting last week’s favorites without images!
By the way, I really think I need a pair of red polka dot clogs like the ones in the mosaic.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. Top left quarter of my blue & white #handsewn #patchwork #quilt top completed (but not yet ironed 🙂, 2. radishes, cucumbers, scallions, 3. Untitled, 4. April 23 2014, 5. The magical tree [ Explored 22nd April 2014 ], 6. Easter Glow [Explore], 7. Watamu (Kenya 2014), 8. WIP Happiness, 9. creative yarn bowl, 10. Snowy hydrangea, 11. Bunting for days! Working on finishing over 50 of these mini buggers to donate to the annual Birth Mom Buds retreat. BMB is a support group for birth mothers. This is my 4th year donating items to all the attendees. I always think of my own birth mother &, 12. Was super cranky that typepad went down mid post. A hot shower, pjs fresh from the dryer on before dark & sitting down to make? = perfect adjustment for inane attitude (new sample for upcoming class @frenchgeneral in the works)
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Back to the Blankets: a lovely new crocheted show-and-tell from Dover & Madden
- Yarn-wrapped vase: a tutorial from WhiMSy love
- How to Felt a Wool Sweater: a tutorial from TinkerLab
- Keep your Place on a Chart: a knitting tip from Webs Yarn Store Blog
- How-To Pick Up a Dropped Garter Stitch: a tip from berroco design studio
- THE BIG REVEAL!!!: a Mad Men inspired fashion show hosted by JuliaBobbin
- Simple Lined ZipperÂ Pouches: a sewing tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Doily Flower Bag: a fabulous upcycling sewing project from Karen Meyers Vintage, via Sew Mama Sew
- How to Install a Tuck Catch: another tip for professional-looking bag construction from Betz White
- Turn Grandma’s Vintage Sewing Machine into a Custom Cover: a retro-chic project from Spoonflower Blog
- Ok Glassâ¦ Letâs celebrate Earth Day: from Official Google Blog
- Is Your Garden Poisoning Honeybees?: from GeekMom
- Pom Pom Party From VHS & Cassette Tapes: an upcycling tutorial with video from Creme de la Craft
- Serendipity Paint: a great use for leftovers from Pennamite
Other cool stuff
- Five Podcasts I Listen to Every Week: a list and thoughts from Tara Swiger
- How to Run A Successful Crowdfunding Campaign to Grow Your Business: tips from Oh My! Handmade
- 5 Simple Ways to Invite Rhythm to Your Day: thoughts from Kathy Stowell, via Simple Kids
- 5 Ways You Can Store Your Stuff While You Run: stow-and-go exercise tips from Fitday
- Homemade face scrub: Almond and honey: a recipe from Clones N Clones, via Mollie Makes
I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!