Posted on Leave a comment

TWiP: Getting off the Ground

This Week in Pictures, Week 32, 2019

Our vacation has had some difficulty getting off the ground. But the end of this week found us in the air. Phew! As I am writing this from a hotel room with sketchy WiFi, I will just let the pictures do the talking.

P.S. I’m posting from a mobile device, so I’m linking directly to Instagram and Flickr for these images. It’s a lot easier this way. When I’m back at my desk, I’ll re-do this post properly πŸ˜ƒ

So, what is This Week in Pictures?

It’s a roundup of the microblogging I’ve done on Instagram and Flickr all week. This includes photos I shot for Project 365 and any other extra images I may have posted.

All photos were taken with a πŸ“· (Canon EOS 80D) or a πŸ“± (Samsung Galaxy S7).

Ready? Cast your mind back to this time last week…

August 03, 2019 at 04:50PM

August 03, 2019 at 04:52AM

215/365
215/365: The 19-year-old brought home some nearly expired pastries from work last night, so I get a croissant for breakfast ☺

August 04, 2019 at 11:50AM

216/365
216/365: This afternoon was a good afternoon β™₯

August 05, 2019 at 03:54PM

217/365
217/365: In 48 hours I will be on an airplane for the first time in 20 years. Tonight, to prepare for this trip, I am doing the very important work of syncing my Lightroom desktop presets to Lightroom Mobile, so that I may properly edit my photos while I am away. As soon as I am finished with that task, I am going to insert myself in this scene and get some more work done on the shawl that will be coming with me to Ireland.

August 06, 2019 at 06:13PM

218/365
218/365: I started out packing stuff, and ended up seeing if I could sync my various device displays so that my mobile photo edits would be reasonably close to my desktop edits.

August 07, 2019 at 11:42AM

219/365
219/365: Five hours of delays, two gate changes, and finally a cancelled flight with no rebooking. Not a great start to our trip, #AerLingus.

August 08, 2019 at 09:10AM

220/365
220/365: Well, we were supposed to be in Navan today, but we’re still in NJ. We can’t get another flight until tomorrow, so today we hang out with my in-laws at their house and drink their tea. Tomorrow, we all try again to get this vacation off the ground!

August 08, 2019 at 05:07PM

August 09, 2019 at 03:17PM

221/365
221/365: It took several days of trying, but finally, we got up in the air on Friday evening. This was taken somewhere over Pennsylvania or South Jersey.

Thanks for taking a peek at this week’s photos! If you want to see this stuff as it happens, please feel free to follow me on Flickr or InstagramΒ β™₯

SAME WEEK PREVIOUS YEARS (2014 – 2018)

(Not even going to attempt this on my mobile device. Check back later πŸ€ͺ)

Posted on Leave a comment