I’m loving this week’s mosaic. It’s delightfully wintry.
Trust me, I am not someone for whom the phrase “delightfully wintry” rolls off of the tongue. In fact, I spend an inordinate amount of time whining about winter in February, March, and yes, sometimes even April around here.
But even I can appreciate winter in December. Even I can enjoy the first snowfall, the first wearing of the handknit hat, the first evening of keeping warm with blankets, wool socks, and coffee… it’s all got a cozy, romantic glow about it in December.
This mosaic really does a nice job of representing that vibe, I think.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. instagram weekend, 2. feijoa pops, 3. scrappy joy socks, 4. binding, 5. Thanks @aliedwards for the #decdaily concept & recent IG store window photo that inspired this- (added “the” for spacing) #targetdollarspot alphas), 6. 2013-11-27 16.05.28, 7. stacks, 8. Red, 9. Untitled, 10. fragment no.1 – detail, 11. cowls-some are knit, some are crocheted, 12. hexagon baby blanket
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Grandma Twinkle* a crochet star tutorial from The Royal Sisters
- *How to Dye Yarn with Turmeric* by Elizabeth and Robby Miracle, via Lion Brand Notebook
- *Blossoming Bag* a cute crochet pattern from Cherry Heart
- *Stripy Cowl* a free crochet pattern from Yvestown Blog
- *Large circles in a square* a blanket-making tutorial from Just-Do
- *mad for plaid* shared by Sunshine and Grey
- *Winter Baby Bonnet* a pattern and tutorial from The Purl Bee
- *Steering Wheel Cover* a sewing tutorial from weasinart
- *Christmas Letter Pillow* a sewing tutorial from Hello Beautiful, via Spoonflower Blog
- *Gifts for Boys* a roundup from A Happy Stitch, via Sew Mama Sew
- *Other Mother’s Recipes* a funny essay from Dahlia Lithwick, via Dinner: A Love Story
- *Giving meaning to those educational buzzwords* from Project Based Homeschooling
Nurturing your Christmas spirit
- *Picture the Holidays* a photo-a-day class taught by Tracey Clark
- *A Very Merry Advent* a collection of joyful activities from Heidi Kenney and Amanda Krueger
- *An Online Advent Calendar for Adults* daily blog posts and videos from Loyola Press
- *December photo-a-day Challenge!* a free set of prompts from L U L A B E L L E
- *‘Tis the season to play photo a day: Check out the December challenge list* a list of prompts from Fat Mum Slim
This and that
- *Grab Customer’s Attention on Your Website in Less than 15 Minutes!* from Moxie Pear Design, via Oh My! Handmade
- *Christmas vase with Sparkle Mod Podge* a tutorial from Debbiedoo’s
- *A Coat Story* and impressive dye (and embellishment) job at Attic24
Have a nice, cozy, and dare I say, wintry weekend!