I originally posted about these slushy, delicious fruity drinks back in 2007. Since then, I’ve made a few tiny changes (and taken some much nicer pictures, if we’re being honest here) and thought it was worth an update. We make these smoothies every year when the weather turns hot. They’re like Summer in a Cup!
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 pound frozen sliced strawberries
- In a large measuring cup or pitcher, stir together the lemonade concentrate and water.
- Place strawberries and about half of the lemonade into the container of a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour the rest of the lemonade into the blender and process until well-combined.
- Pour into frozen mugs and share immediately.
Recipe By: Lisa Clarke, adapted from allrecipes.com
Yield: 4, plus a little extra
- As I get them in June at farmers markets and farm stands, I like to freeze fresh strawberries in one-pound smoothie-ready batches.
- These are also good made exactly the same way, but with blueberries and limeade