You may have previously heard of Summer in a Cup. Tonight I present Summer on a Chip, aka Grape and Cucumber Salsa. This is one of the two recipes I usually make when I’m invited to a friend’s house for a Summer cookout. Since I was making my first batch of the season this afternoon, to bring to (you guessed it) a friend’s house for a Summer cookout, I thought I’d share a virtual batch of it here as well. Grab a chip and dig in!
|English cucumber — peeled|
Green grapes — seedless
Red grapes — seedless
Jalapenos — from a jar
- Cut cucumber and onion into large chunks and process in the food processor for 5-10 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and process on pulse 6-8 times until finely chopped.
- Cover and chill at least one hour.
Recipe By :Lisa Clarke, adapted from a recipe in Cooking Light‘s “Grapes” Article of Summer 2002
Weight Watchers Points: 1 per 1/2-cup serving
- It’s great with tortilla chips and is supposed to be good with grilled chicken, although we haven’t had it that way.
- This makes for a very mild salsa. I usually increase the jalepenos for more of a bite.