This is Weekend Favorites post #52 – I’ve officially gone an entire year with this series, and didn’t skip a single week. That’s an accomplishment.
How do you feel about continuing on for another 52 weeks? Any suggestions for things you might like to see here other than Flickr Favorites and Links? Or maybe in addition to them?
I’m open to suggestion! It’s always nice to change things up a tiny bit.
This week’s photos almost make me love winter. (almost.) Take a look.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. oliebollen, 2. be happy, 3. Cranberries, 4. Have a Happy New Year Flickr!!, 5. Converse…, 6. 27112013_night flowers, 7. Untitled, 8. The Fence’s New Look, 9. Rusted, but still looking good, 10. Centennial of Crossword Puzzles, 11. Triangle Tango, 12. Last day before our vacation to California., 13. boxes, 14. “Marktfahrer”-Fäustlinge, 15. branches and bokeh, 16. 12.08.2013, 17. Untitled, 18. Bittersweet, 19. 12:4:365, 20. small floral- 2
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Harvest: a free cardigan pattern and tutorial from Tin Can Knits
- Blocking…..: the whys and the hows from Dover & Madden
- Diamond stitch blanket: crochet pattern and step by step tutorial from Happy in Red
- Trio of Dishcloths: three knitting patterns from WhiMSy love
- Crochet mouse: tutorial and free pattern from The Green Dragonfly
- Swatch Samplers Now Available On All Fabrics: a good thing for fabric collection designers from Spoonflower Blog
- Polka Dot Tablecloth: a fabric stamping DIY from Oh Happy Day
- Handmade Portable First-Aid Kit Roll: a sewing tutorial from Positively Splendid
- Pixelated Heart: a finished quilt from house on hill road
- New Year’s Liberty Coasters: a sewing tutorial from The Purl Bee
- An Interview with Lisa Clarke (aka ME): shared by the Philadelphia Area Polymer Clay Guild Reporter
- Faceted Beads: a free tutorial from Polymer Tutorials
- Holiday Ornament: a versatile polymer tutorial from jessica jane: HANDMADE
- Fluffy, Friendly Sheep Christmas Ornament: a polymer clay tutorial from
- Crocheted polymer: an imitative technique from Fabiola Perez Ajates, via Polymer Clay Daily
- Leather iPod Case: a photo-transfer how-to from Country Living
- Make Photo Necklaces, Earrings, Magnets and More Using Shrinkable Plastic: a cool tutorial from Photojojo
- Nature Resin Bangle: a beautiful example of photo art by BuyMyCrap
- Easy-to-make Instagram magnets: a tutorial from Photojojo, via CNET
As I write, we are expecting a snow storm with sub-zero wind chills and blizzard conditions. It sounds like a great opportunity to light the fireplace and knit that last sleeve onto my MIL’s sweater. By the time you read this I may be doing just that!
To those of you in Winter’s way this weekend, keep warm!