In the Encyclopedia of Me:
- R is for Running out of steam on this meme
- S is for Singing, which I have done since I was little and still do nearly every day
- T is for Tea, which I developed a taste for after marrying into an Irish family
- U is for Unusual, which I sort of am
- V is for Vegetable Aversion, which I’d love to overcome, but if you think something tastes bad, what exactly can you do to fix that?
- W is for Water Bottle, which I am making an effort to fill and to drain on a daily basis (starting tomorrow)
- X is for XML, which pertains to me more than Xylophone or X-Ray does
- Y is for Yawn, which I start to do every night around 10:00
- Z is for Zinnias, which I used to buy by the bunch from a roadside stand on my way home from work at this time of year
Oh, wow, I am so glad that is over. Not that I didn’t enjoy it at first, because I really did. But I was starting to feel pressure to post every single day and not only to have something worth reading but to make it fit into the letter of the day. At this point, I am more in a mood to fly by the seat of my pants and post once a week if I want to, or twice a day if I am so moved.
Thanks to Cassi at Bella Dia for starting the Encyclopedia of Me. I enjoyed the challenge for the first few weeks, and I liked exploring some topics I might not otherwise have considered writing. But I’m done now. Summer is almost over and I don’t want to lose any more time trying to figure out how I was going to fill up a screen with something clever about the letter X
So. Want to see my first quilt?
Well, it’s not finished. This is just the top of it. Inspired by how simple the lap quilt looked in Bend-the-Rules Sewing, I am undertaking a small-ish quilt for son #1 (to be followed by another quilt for son #2 and, if I’m still as excited about this project, a third for me).
This is the top, which I did tonight. It’s all Amy Butler’s Lotus prints, mostly in the Tea Box colorway. They’re not my favorite colors, but the boy loves red, so this is what I’m starting with.
I used all fat quarters: whole ones for the corners, 1/4 for the center, and 1/2 for the rest. It turned out to be 53″ x 61″.
The back is most likely going to be a solid color, and the border will be red. I am thinking of making coordinating pillows (or maybe just pillow cases for his regular sleeping pillow) out of some of the extra dots & stripes that I have.
I’ve been yawning now for an hour and 18 minutes.