Ah, another December weekend is upon us! Anyone hitting any holiday parties? I don’t think I know the right people, because I never have holiday parties to go to. Not that I’m complaining – I spend many a December weekend evening sipping decaf, stitching Christmas gifts, and watching British mysteries, and I can be perfectly happy that way. But I wouldn’t say no to the occasional excuse to get dressed up…
I think we’re getting another pile of snow this weekend anyway. Given the choice, I’d rather hibernate indoors by the fire than travel on slick roads!
As I write, my Twitter notifier just popped up: the weather guy confirms it. Two to six inches of snow expected. I’d better go check our firewood stash…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Red barn in snow, 2. First Snow, 3. 12:6:365, 4. gathering, 5. This is what I was making in IG pic the other day…my take on the anthro garland making Pinterest and blog rounds this Christmas, 6. waking, 7. P116064350690766, 8. “‘Cause I ain’t been nothin’ but bad…”, 9. Miniature Gingerbread House Pendant – Red & Green
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- How to Photograph Christmas Lights: timely tips from Strobist
- 16 Digital Photography Tips for Christmas: from Digital Photography School
- tips on photographing christmas morning: from keith pitts photography blog
- How to Take Beautiful Bokeh Christmas Images [With 39 Stunning Examples]: from Digital Photography School
Gift-making and -giving Guides
- Holiday Gifts for Yarn Lovers: a great roundup from Petals to Picots
- Holiday Gift Guide 2013: from Dinner: A Love Story
- Repurposed/Upcycled Gifts: a DIY roundup from My Bit of Earth, via Sew Mama Sew |
- 28 Last Minute Handmade Gifts: a gift-making roundup from U Create
Knitting and crocheting with your body parts(!)
- Millennial Craft-Makers Embrace Arm Knitting: an article from WSJ.com
- How to Arm Knit: a video tutorial from simplymaggie.com
- Finger Knitting How-to: a tutorial from flax & twine
- chunky finger-knit pillow: a tutorial from Flax and Twine, via Design
- Easy Finger Crochet Friendship Bracelets: a tutorial from Lil Blue Boo
Other yarny things
- 15 min Coffee Sleeve!: a crochet tutorial from I’m Frayed Knot
- Crochet Candy Ornaments: a tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Easy Grownup Pixie Hat: a knitting pattern from The Zen of Making
- Ricefield Collective: unique eco-friendly knitwear for a cause
- Cracking the (Pattern) Code, Part 7: Understanding the Punctuation: knitting tips from Lion Brand Notebook
I know there’s a lot of yarn in these links this week, so I’ll try to dig up some more fabric and/or polymer stuff for next time – a little something for everyone, that’s the goal!