Please forgive the less-than-stellar photography on these – I plan to spend some time making them look pretty in pictures after I’ve drilled the holes and strung them on cords. I don’t know how long that will take and I didn’t want to wait to post these!
So this first image is of the pendant we were taught to make by Donna Kato this weekend. The class covered construction of the box, embellishment of the decorative layer with image transfers, inks, rubber stamps & gold leaf, and attaching the end caps. I’m very happy with the way this turned out.
The process involves multiple bakings, so while my inro baked at each step, I worked on a second one. I was interested to see how the technique worked using my canes for the decorative layer. I’m happy with it, but I don’t like it as much as the version I made “to spec.”
After the inros were complete, I decided to see if I could make one of my usual pendant styles incorporating an image transfer into the mix.
And then I did it again. I think the idea has potential. I have visions of my new key chain dancing in my head – every year I make myself a keychain with one son on each side. I’ve been carrying the same one for over a year now, and I’m ready for a change. I’m excited to think I could make a non-flat key chain and still use images of the boys on it…
As expected, my mind is full of things I want to try. I knew I should have taken next week off so that I could indulge my muse. I hope I don’t go out of my mind while I attempt to ignore my creative impulses and be a responsible adult this week