Happy Friday! Here in New Jersey it is expected to be 98 degrees (and feel like 107). It’s been in the 90’s and humid all week, and I don’t think I have ever been so thankful to have central air conditioning. I don’t like to use the A/C if I can help it, and when I do turn it on, I keep it at 80 degrees, so that it’s not running constantly. And still, walking into the 80-degree house after picking wineberries in the 100-degree yard feels a-MAZ-ing.
I hope, if you are experiencing a heatwave where you are, that you have someplace to keep cool. Your local library would be a good choice. Not only can you beat the heat, but you can spend a few hours enjoying a good book. Perfection!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. lilies, 2. triangle tote, 3. dinner the other night, 4. Some mini-skeins dyed up by @daisyhays! Beautiful. Looking forward to Making some hexipuffs. Rain chime fiber arts on Etsy., 5. Birds embroidery, 6. Untitled, 7. green door, 8. Garden Flowers, 9. Untitled
Around the Web
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- How to crochet two rounds together, a tutorial from FreshStitches
- pom pom, a decorating idea from UPPERCASE
- How to Join in the Round Invisibly, a knitting tip from Webs Yarn Store Blog
- Fabric Party Banners, a tutorial from Armommy via Spoonflower
- Discover Your Quilting Style, an exercise from Quilting Happiness via CraftyPod
- Summer Picnic Totes, a tutorial from Lotta Jansdotter
- toile four-patch quilt, a show-and-tell from wise craft
- Crazy Felt Coasters, a tutorial from Do Small Things With Love, via Sugar Bee Crafts
- Photo + Text Fabric Wall Art, a tutorial from Hello Beautiful, via Spoonflower Blog
- PixelHobby, a product review from Geek Crafts
- Pazely’s S’mores Party, a DIY celebration from WhiMSy love
Fun with license plates
- Jim Moini’s License Plates, a visual database.
- License Plate to Dustpan, a tutorial from olive bites home of uncorked + polarity
- The toilet paper crate that blew up Facebook, a show-and-tell from Funky Junk Interiors
- Twenty-Ten Basement Remodel Catch Up, a show-and-tell from cherished*vintage
- License Plate Table, a finished object by Leo Kempf
- Vanity License Plate, a photoshop tutorial from PSHERO
That’s it for me this week. I’m spending the afternoon in my parents’ pool. I hear the water is 90 degrees. Crazy! Wherever you are, keep cool and safe.