I’m thinking about taking a break from Weekend Favorites. Maybe for the summer, maybe permanently. Maybe continuing to do it, but on a random basis instead of religiously every week. I’m not sure yet.
Does anyone want to convince me one way or another?
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- A great way to add some pizazz to your closet d… by molliemakes via Instagram
- #skylarkmotel #wildwoodnj by newjerseybeachs via Instagram
- Hello! Tamar here from @nestprettythings, I lov… by molliemakes via Instagram
- #trieste #travel #fvg #viaggio #friuliveneziagi… by rosariopipolo via Instagram
- Visit @wendigratz blog to see her review of #al… by craftypod via Instagram
- More from our sneak peek today of @insideoutmag… by poppytalk via Instagram
- Sign of an unloaded moving truck 🚚👍🏼 #VSCOca… by edillow via Instagram
- You guys! The back cover and the first preview … by annajoycedesign via Instagram
- 💜 by annajoycedesign via Instagram
- This trip is turning into a food tour!! Maple s… by the.tangled.knitter via Instagram
- Day 25: Heat #storyinaframe #coffee #flowers #m… by art and lemons via Flickr
- Day 24: Smashed (a twist on agitated) #storyina… by art and lemons via Flickr
- Echinacea by MossyOwls via Flickr
- HBW by Sandra H-K via Flickr
- IMG_1864 (2) copy – עותק by Hila Bushari hillovely via Flickr
- 174/365 – 15 by moo o’hara via Flickr
- Not one of the quilts we are making, but one ma… by pam garrison via Flickr
- Maraschino Style by interchangeableparts via Flickr
- At the top of my list of gifts I am thankful fo… by molliejohanson via Instagram
- Making progress on this colorful project. #op_c… by olivesandpickles via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Geek Knits Charity Auction – from Joan of Dark for Doctors Without Borders via knittyBlog. I was just flipping through the new Geek Knits book a few days ago. It’s neat how many recognizable faces there are in there (at least, they are recognizable to those who are familiar with Geek culture). The author is now auctioning off the book samples, so if you want a chance to wear a Doctor Who themed scarf worn by Rene Auberjonois (among other nifty things) you’ll want to check this out.
- Make a Polymer Clay Starter Kit – suggestions from The Blue Bottle Tree. I’ve always thought that it’s easy to scare people off from trying polymer clay when they see the list of tools that the pros use. Ginger boils it down to the necessary items for beginners, and then gives recommendations for useful next steps.
[bctt tweet=”Favorite links this week: charity knit auction and polymer clay starter kits!”]
Please do let me know if you have any strong opinions on the future of Weekend Favorites. Happy Friday!