I was just sitting on my bed, watching the end of a movie I started last night, and trying to enjoy a little peace and quiet after a very busy couple of days, when it occurred to me it is Friday. And Friday means Weekend Favorites. And (due to aforementioned busy-ness) I didn’t write the post last night.
Hey, I’m lucky I remembered at all.
I was not cut out for running around so much. I need a nap 😴
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- New pattern release! The Miranda Vest is a spe… by livingskiescrochet via Instagram
- That top Heather Ross is just so lovely I can n… by hugsarefun via Instagram
- So I opened up a dream tonight. @craftsouth is … by annamariahorner via Instagram
- It’s a dark and dreary day, with thunder in the… by zuzu365 via Instagram
- #crochet #crocheting #crochetersofinstagram #cr… by pinara984 via Instagram
- So many beautiful birds in the Black Hills! I w… by amajanne via Instagram
- Chicken bags. Original lino cut prints by Stev… by jaugurdesign via Instagram
- I’m teaching my students to spread kindness wit… by someshannonj via Instagram
- Denice made a stunning MDP quilt top! I love it! by sotosewn via Instagram
- Polymer Micro Knitting bangles by judybelcher via Flickr
- “We said there warn’t no home like a raft, afte… by katerha via Flickr
- end of may garden by Castanet via Flickr
- veronica, mouse-ear coreopsis, catmint by Castanet via Flickr
- More #yellow #wildflowers #inthewoods by blockpartypress via Flickr
- More brandywine blossoms 🙂 by Sandra H-K via Flickr
- 146/365 – 15 by moo o’hara via Flickr
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- One dozen shawls for love – a raffle to benefit displaced Iraqi women and children hosted by Small Things. Ginny writes, “if you aren’t a knitter, but have always wanted to own a beautiful hand-knitted accessory, you have the opportunity to enter to win one while doing something to help others! And if you are a knitter, I’m sure you’ll want to enter as well, knowing first hand how much love is behind the gift of each of these shawls.”
- One Hour Top – a free sewing pattern from Fancy Tiger Crafts. I have typically shied away from sewing with knits, but this looks so simple, I may have to try. The resulting tee looks so flowy and comfortable – a great thing to have for a warm summer day…
- German Short Rows – a tutorial from Tin Can Knits. If you’re confused by short rows in knitting, or you always end up with unsightly holes in your work, check out this tutorial from Alexa of Tin Can Knits for help.
- How I get things done – a detailed post from Tara Swiger. I’ve gotten way too loosey-goosey about my work schedule lately and my productivity is taking a hit. So today I’ve spent some time reading and thinking about how to structure my days going forward. Tara’s blog is full of great resources, and I feel like this post in particular is a great starting point.
[bctt tweet=”PDC favorites this week: short rows, getting things done, sewing w/knits, a special giveaway.”]
It’s great that I’m nerdy enough to have built a framework that makes these Weekend Favorites posts almost write themselves. As long as I don’t have too many extra things to say.
And with that, I will bid you a happy Friday and shut my trap 😉