It’s the day after Christmas as I write this. In my family, December 26th is always Christmas Part Two and this year it’s at our house. The snow is falling peacefully outside my window, and I am sitting in my favorite chair in my pajamas.
There’s a part of me that would like to spend the rest of the day this way, playing with my new toys (it’s been a pretty good Christmas, gadget-wise, for me so far) stopping only to pour a big glass of Granny’s Punch and heat up a bowl of leftover pigs in blankets for sustenance, but I think that part is going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Today I’ve got punch to make, straightening up to do, and guests to welcome. And that is fun, too.
Bonus: by the time you read this, tomorrow will be today and I will already be getting started on that much-anticipated lazy time! Woo hoo! Go pajamas!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Aw, cheer up #Chestercat! Only 364 more sleeps ’til Christmas. #cat #tabby, 2. sometimes there are stars in the day, 3. Rustic Charms, 4. Color, color, color…., 5. Jap. patt. 3 bangle, 6. a year of sunday 11/52, 7. emily’s house, 8. Blue sea urchin, 9. DSC_0186, 10. Ground to a halt, 11. tea cup *, 12. One more cup of coffee (Please)
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Crochet Amigurumi Snowman: a pattern from The Chilly Dog
- Little Lacy Stars: a crochet tutorial from Attic24
- Unforgettable Hat: a one-skein pattern from Crochet in Color
- Red Spiral Crocheted Cushion: shared by The Jolly Stitch
- Loom Knit Patchwork Throw: a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn Company
- Crochet Snowflake Earrings with Pearl Accent: a tutorial from Tampa Bay Crochet
- Hats for the Whole Family: a free pattern + tutorial from Tin Can Knits
- Trapunto Snowflake Pillows: Made, via Sew Mama Sew http://t.co/LqnEXDrOkT
- pocket heat packs: a sewing tutorial from Mollie Makes
- DIY Nessie: a plush pattern and tutorial from We Lived Happily Ever After
- Super Simple Dishtowels: a sewing tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Simple Linen Apron: a tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Simple Stitched Hot Pads: a sewing tutorial from The Purl Bee
Other cool stuff
- a Scandinavian-inspired star garland: shared by Creature Comforts, via Mollie Makes
- Easy Photo Bunting DIY: a tutorial from Spoonflower Blog
- peppermint hot cocoa: a yummy idea from Angry Chicken
- Owl Lover 2014 Calendar: a free printable from My Owl Barn
- Christmas Light Up Marquee DIY: a tutorial (that also works for Happy New Year!) from A Beautiful Mess
I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around it being a weekend already. I’m all mixed up! But for once it doesn’t really matter… the kids have off from school, Neil has off from work… I love that cozy, lazy, pajama-clad week between Christmas and New Years. I hope you can experience a taste of that yourself this weekend!