I took an exercise class yesterday – my first in nearly a decade. Pilates seems to be just the right speed for me, and I think I will like it, eventually. Yesterday, though? Folks, let me tell you, I was so out of shape, I felt nauseous after the first fifteen minutes. I pushed through for another half hour, but I eventually had to stop before the hour was up.
I know that exercise is supposed to make you feel invigorated for the rest of the day, but I spent two hours laying on the couch after my session yesterday until the nausea subsided, and the rest of the day feeling physically blah.
I think I’d better do at least a little bit of exercise on my own before next week’s session. My new mantra: MOVE MORE!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Beachcomber Baby Blanket* a free crochet pattern from KnitCulture.com
- *Super Easy Blankets!* a stack of lovliness from The Purl Bee
- *Granny Rectangle* a tutorial from crochet again
- *Happy granny hat* a crochet pattern from Cows and Pink
- *Just When You Thought……* a crochet blanket show-and-tell from Dover & Madden
- *Drawer Liners* a fabric tutorial from Blue Eyed Yonder
- *Welcome to the Neighbourhood* a sewing tutorial from Miss Print
- *Super Simple Star Wars Tees* a fabric paint tutorial from Cheri Heaton, via iLoveToCreate Blog
- *Ellen Marshall Explains It All For You* shared by Ornamento
- *Easy Peasy Extruder Cane* a free polymer tutorial from Ron Lehocky, via Polymer Clay Daily
- *So You Want to be a Knitting Designer… * a new book from Dull Roar
- *Be a Better Craft Teacher Part II: Know Your Student* shared by Whipstitch, via Sew Mama Sew
- “Be Kind. Trust Yourself.” business advice from Tara Swiger, via Kind Over Matter
- *Etsy Redefines Handmade: Authorship, Responsibility, and Transparency* a conversation at While She Naps
This morning, I am off to check out the North Jersey Fiber Arts Festival. I didn’t even know it existed until a few weeks ago. Should be fun! I’ll try not to spend too much, though… I need to save some pennies for Rhinebeck!
Have a great weekend 🙂