I think I’m overdue for some RTBC around here, so I’m just going to go for it.
1. Feeling the fog slowly lifting after spending the better part of a week battling a cold (is it me, or do those nasty things linger longer the older you get?). I’m still congested a bit, and more tired than I feel like I should be, but at least I no longer want to spend the entire day watching bad tv and snuggling under my quilt.
2. Frozen pizza that is there on those nights when I just can’t drag my germy self to the kitchen.
3. Real, homemade suppers that come about after one too many Frozen Pizza Nights: a delicious new soup recipe borrowed from Chris at Pink Picket Fence, and adapted by me for crock pot use; fresh baked french bread taken from the best bread cookbook ever; a crackling fire in the fireplace.
4. My hair, which is getting longer, and is more fun to play with.
5. Taking a quick trip to my favorite farmers’ market before it closes for the season.
6. Love Blankie. Still popular with the Kindergarten set.
7. Birthday gift projects in the pipeline, that I’m excited to try, including a pile of hankies for my Granny and pencil rolls (like this nifty one, but somewhat less ambitious) for two of Eamonn’s classmates.
So how about you? Anything making you particularly happy lately?