Friday is one of those days that seems to take so long to get here, but at the same time, once it arrives, it makes you wonder where the rest of your week has gone. Or is it just me?
At any rate, I’m looking forward to some weekending around here. I’m not sure yet what that will look like, but it will certainly include some crochet mandala work, and if the yarn I ordered gets here on Saturday, there will be sweater knitting as well.
There’s also a craft show in Ocean Grove that I would love to visit, but I’m not sure I can sell the rest of the family on that idea 😜
By the way, I will post more officially about this soon, but I wanted to mention really quickly: I have a new knitting pattern available in the Download Shop!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- Current favorites: coffee & pastries in bed, th… by newdarlings via Instagram
- The stress of the day has caught up with me. Th… by crochetbyredagape via Instagram
- • g r e e n g a t e s • Love this colour :: gr… by yardagedesign via Instagram
- Last one, I promise! With a dark backdrop this … by byhaafner via Instagram
- Some days everything is going so amazing until … by olivesandpickles via Instagram
- I’m glad to got to catch the #sf #ferrybuilding… by littleluxurylist via Instagram
- Blush. In the next installment of the peony dia… by rlcam via Instagram
- The prettiest Spring/Summer Tablescape with @ta… by kskimbrough via Instagram
- MAC-ATTACK. 😍🌈🍰// A little sneak peek at som… by violettinder via Instagram
- Feeling joyful at home with these lovely peonie… by fashionvictimsbcn via Instagram
- Oh, the choices, the choices… #SeattleWholesa… by flirtyfleurs via Instagram
- #peony #indiana #stateflower #indiana2016 #gard… by indiana2016 via Instagram
- I want to live in a town where the most boring-… by mattcrump via Instagram
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year 🌸🌿🌷🌺 by carlzbarkley via Instagram
- Me and my daughter made this sunburst baby blan… by roseandraven via Instagram
- Tea, reading, dog cuddles, casting on for a new… by thishandmadelife via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- 1000s Of Tiny Dots Turned Into Mesmerizing Mandalas By Elspeth McLean – a video by Bored Panda Art. They write, “Elspeth McLean, an Australian artist based in Canada, creates mesmerizing artwork by painting one dot at a time using acrylic paint and a paintbrush.”
- Travel TIps for Crocheters and Knitters – by Tamara Kelly, via Lion Brand. Here’s a list of handy tips for those traveling with yarn and associated tools this summer, particularly those who are flying.
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas” from Betz White – She writes, “Father’s Day is coming up quick, June 19th! I pulled together a few quick-sew gift ideas that would be great for Father’s Day!”.
- Best Projects for Summer Travel – a roundup from Purl Soho. Going somewhere? Don’t forget to bring a little something for your hands to do while you’re kicking back poolside.
- Designing coordinates for a pattern collection – tips from Bonnie Christine, via Spoonflower. I think about designing fabric a lot, but I’m not sure I have any talent for it. Be that as it may, I found this interesting.
- Converting a seamed sweater to seamless – from Berroco Design Studio. I know there are good structural reasons for knitting a sweater with seams, but I don’t like seamed sweaters, nor am I very good at doing the seaming. So, this how-to is welcome. The instructions are tailored to a particular pattern, but it’s not too big of a leap to apply the ideas to different patterns.
Have a lovely weekend!