There’s severe weather predicted for some areas of the country this weekend. In my neck of the woods that means a lot of snow and more wind than I am comfortable listening to.
Here’s hoping we all have an opportunity to get cozy with our favorite indoor Winter activities this weekend. For me that probably looks like a roaring fire, a cup of coffee, and a bit of knitting. Or maybe crochet. And probably some Acorn TV.
I had been thinking I’d get some clay work done while I’m trapped at home, but unless I set up a table in the family room near the fireplace, that may not happen. Gotta have my warm-and-cozy time! 😀
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- Nom nom nom nom!!! #cirrussolids by cloud9fabrics via Instagram
- I just opened the front door to this…um, it l… by katgoldin via Instagram
- Hunkering down on this chilly morning with wool… by betz_white via Instagram
- Packed such a nice basket to occupy myself whil… by heatherbruggeman via Instagram
- A morning spent listening to #passion2016 and k… by provisiongoods via Instagram
- Because coffee always seems to look better in p… by natasha_littlemissrose via Instagram
- Kızıma hamileyken nette gördüğüm ilk battaniyey… by nesheli_orguler via Instagram
- New pendant made with the “Meisha Squish”. The … by syndeeholt via Instagram
- Recently my father told someone, “I’ll tell you… by heatherbruggeman via Instagram
- The last ugni berries (ugni mollinae), queen vi… by aromatherapie_eliane via Instagram
- Nora and I returned shortly after lunch from th… by anayakurtsd via Instagram
- ❀ one square here and there, a favorite in betw… by loritimesfive via Instagram
- untitled by insta_smiths via Instagram
- Inlay in maple bowl #polymerclaydaily by ctinapple via Instagram
- Waterdrops and more waterdrops! by quiltsdp via Instagram
- #wingfeathersshawl #riftonyarn @hodgepodgefarm … by craftworksomerville via Instagram
- When the sun makes an appearance #sunset #njis… by juliemichaels_nab via Instagram
- Rainy Sunday and I’m cooking… just for fun? N… by debperelman via Instagram
- Spent the day cleaning and organizing. Moved th… by elsielarson via Instagram
- Looking at some lovely #handpainted lace from M… by jimmybeanswool via Instagram
- Cleaning up another box in my craft room and fo… by wee_wonderfuls via Instagram
- My reward for adulting today (aka going out in … by debracowie via Instagram
- I am sew in love with the quilting on my Little… by fatquartershop via Instagram
- These are some of the next To Use in my stash. … by tooaquarius via Instagram
- I knit Adam a neckwarmer for Solstice and it’s … by heatherbruggeman via Instagram
- Today the bees are flying and I am making a big… by ginnysheller via Instagram
- Double-derp. by sunnycrow via Instagram
- Loving the details of @dreareneeknits’ White Pi… by quinceandco via Instagram
- Winter just begun and I’m already planning spri… by mohryarn via Instagram
- Finished #dovetailcowl by @carinaspencer #knit … by iamcatreading via Instagram
- Happy Monday friends!! New week, new adventures… by littleshopofknots via Instagram
- A box full of flowers.. 🌸🍃 by alicebyday via Instagram
- #hoboken #jerseycity #hobokennj #just_newjersey… by bnolll via Instagram
- Gotta have some London RED for the #colorcolour… by xantheb via Instagram
- Waking up after a good sleep in on a Sunday wit… by royalrabbit via Instagram
- Finished this snowy morning my flower socks ❁ #… by threehazels via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Husband Sacrifices ‘Star Wars’ Sheets So His Wife Could Make These Awesome Clothes – via Geek CraftsGeek Crafts. I love this dress. I’m pretty sure I have the matching pillowcases around here somewhere – maybe I should whip up a skirt 🙂
- Truffle Hat – a pattern by mu tricote la vie, via Ravelry. I whipped one of these up in a leftover skein of Berroco’s Vintage Chunky. It took just one day, and it’s the toastiest hat I own. I love it! It features a simple cable and bobbles, all of which are explained in the pattern.
- Turning Mokume Gane on its Side, plus Color Mixing – from Syndee Holt, via Polyform. I got two things out of this New Color Tuesday post: (1) there’s an interesting take on Mokume Gane that has you slicing from the side of the stack instead of the top (frankly, a simpler prospect!) and (2) there’s an app for generating color recipes. I pride myself on my ability to match colors to fabrics, yarn, etc. but even I can see the value in a tool like this. Sometimes you want someone else to do the heavy thinking for you 🙂
- Does 2 strands WW = Bulky? – and other factoids from the KnittingHelp.com Forum. I found this tidbit while trying to make a decision regarding yarn choice for a new pattern I want to write. There are some useful substitution formulas here for yarn weights, as well as suggestions for calculating required yardage when substituting.
- How to Make an Easy Quilt – a video tutorial from The DIY Dish. DIY Dish writes, “If you’ve ever wanted to make a quilt, but were a bit intimidated by the thought of all the piecing, quilting, etc., then you’re going to LOVE this episode of The DIY Dish! And would you believe us if we said you could make this in one night? It’s true! Take a look!”
Stay warm and safe this weekend!