For a while now, I’ve been thinking that it would be cool to do something special around here to acknowledge my 10th anniversary of blogging, whether that be a giveaway or a special series, or whathaveyou.
Periodically this year, I would think ahead to September, bounce around a few ideas in my mind, and then allow myself to be distracted by more immediate shiny things.
So guess what. That 10-year Blogiversary was yesterday and I forgot all about it.
Though I shouldn’t really be surprised. This kind of thing is typical of me: think about stuff waaaaay ahead of time, and then forget all about it when the day comes. I am constantly doing that.
Oh well. At least we have some pretty pictures and a handful of links on this fine Friday!
Thank you for keeping me company here for the past decade ♥.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- We’re excited to part of such a colorful projec… by kraemeryarns via Instagram
- I’m liking these colors for a summer to fall tr… by molliejohanson via Instagram
- Gratitude for evening walks, the setting sun, a… by hellotherefriendproject via Instagram
- The camera on this Samsung Note 4 blows me away… by theladylaughsalot via Instagram
- Yep, we’ve put together yarn samplers for our n… by knit_picks via Instagram
- expectation :: i find it’s easy for me to expec… by yellowhousedays via Instagram
- Definitely need me some of these #Jerseyfresh #… by jerseyfreshnjda via Instagram
- No time to sew. But it’s nice to look at. by aliciapaulson via Instagram
- Got eaten alive while taking this picture tonig… by andrewgaro via Instagram
- life’s either a great adventure, or nothing by taylorrayyyy via Instagram
- Plane flying in front of the #BlueMoon as it ri… by anthonyquintano via Instagram
- very cute food stands. #outsidelands by designlovefest via Instagram
- Cotton Color-block Blanket…Anyone that can kn… by woolcabin via Instagram
- Tagged by @pastapatchwork for #widn I’m startin… by redagape_styleanddesign via Instagram
- 20150430_190247 by deebriese via Flickr
- #blueholes #njspots #jerseywoods #njwoods #can… by stellarfave via Instagram
- a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream with fresh bl… by bethadilly via Instagram
- Vesper Sock from @knitterly_things is back in s… by loopyarn via Instagram
- Day labor. #howisummer #f52grams #fresh #local … by theclevercarrot via Instagram
- | peaceful | What a crazy week, with a new “cat… by zuzu365 via Instagram
- Good Afternoon! CSA booty for the next two week… by soupatraveler via Instagram
- Rise and shine! Take a minute to breathe and s… by shop_bella_style via Instagram
- “I really don’t have any idea about photography… by xlnt89 via Instagram
- @bits_of_sunshine I am looking up. Good stuff! … by shortorderpoet via Instagram
- beach day with all my “kids” by mainemomma via Instagram
- [ 3 ] listening to the waves hit the dock from … by cathysly via Instagram
- Tis the season! Flat peaches always make me mis… by bagelsandcrawfish via Instagram
- I have a new appreciation for professional pota… by heatherbruggeman via Instagram
- Day 15 Split Personality. #31daysofhipstasunflo… by coppercurls55 via Instagram
- Remember that night we made hundreds of yards o… by gather_here via Instagram
- Spent the day in the orchard, listening to musi… by kedzeet via Instagram
- It’s a regular work day for me today so I’m mak… by pinkbrutusknits via Instagram
- “If all goes well, this weekend will be filled … by hellotherefriendproject via Instagram
- I made these wall art projects a few months ago… by molliemakes via Instagram
- Why wait around for someone to buy you flowers … by mrsmeyerscleanday via Instagram
- True story: flowers cut from the yard by your b… by flowerpatchfarmgirl via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Super Online Sewing Match II: Everything You Need to Know – a contest from Sew Mama Sew. I haven’t been following along with this contest, but they’ve just announced the winner, and it prompted me to go back and look at all of the challenges. It’s so interesting to see how different sewists interpret the same pattern. There’s some very impressive work represented.
- Roger Vail’s fairground attractions – in pictures – amazing photos shared by The Guardian, via Photojojo. Oh, WOW. I’ve done a little long-exposure carnival ride photography myself, but these images just blow me away. Several of them remind me of Spirograph (remember that? I loved playing with Spirograph as a kid).
- turning everything blue – from SouleMama. This reminds me… I really want to try indigo dyeing sometime.
- Being Assertive and How It Can Change Your Life – By Caron Clancey, via Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls. Caron writes, “Asserting yourself in the world by simply being you takes courage. It means you are facing the world and saying, “I am me, I am awesome, and I’m letting you all know.”” I know this article is aimed at young girls, but I think there are plenty of us grown-up women who could stand to hear this advice, too 🙂
- underwater – photography by Sarah Lee. I just bought some disposable waterproof cameras for my kids and myself to play with in my parents’ pool. I think our results will be somewhat less amazing than these images 🙂 (but fun, nonetheless!)
Happy Labor Day Weekend to my fellow American friends, and happy plain old weekend to the rest of you!