Hey, I’ve been wanting to thank you all individually for the nice comments on my Striped Yoke Cardigan, but I seem to have whittled away my online time doing other things this week. So I hope this group thank you will suffice!
You’ve helped me decide – there will be a pattern forthcoming. All I need to do is focus. (Did I say all I need to do? Easier said than done lately, but I’ll try!)
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Almost done….#stitchindye #quiltmarket #showmethemoda, 2. There is an inherent optimism found in green leaves and blue skies, don’t you think?, 3. _MG_0085, 4. Caminando por la calle, 5. finished, 6. penny pouch, 7. Autumn, welcome ♥, 8. Topkapi Palace In Istanbul, Turkey, 9. Yellow ladder, 10. DSC_0118, 11. 2 october, 12. friday stash play, 13. Monster #2 Custom Dunny, 14. tea + crochet, 15. Little Hearts, 16. Colgante caleidoscopio-ikat, 17. Little bear, you match my hydrangea. How cute of you., 18. It’s very close, 19. No matter how great the adventure…loving being home makes it all the sweeter for me. (Did you catch the spelling oopsie first read?) #artjournal, 20. Moon Rocks Beads – Polymer Clay Purses – PolyPediaOnline Iris Mishly Tutorial, 21. Some more #succulentlove because i can’t resist! #succulentjunkie #succulents #parys #southafrica #soupatravel, 22. common buckeye, 23. Handspun Yarn, 24. SAM_0857, 25. Making It’s Epic Migration, 26. VW’s in Schagen, 27. View from the Musee d’Orsay (V2), 28. Boreas Pass Aspen Stand
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- cinnamon :: from sheep to skein – yarny stuff from SouleMama. Ever wonder how much yarn you can get out of one sheep? Amanda Soule shares the yield of her Cinnamon and shows what it looks like as roving and then spun into a heavy worsted twist.
- Learn to Design Fabric! – a roundup from Spoonflower Blog. I’ve dabbled a tiny bit with fabric design, although at this point it has been mostly a matter of manipulating my photos. I’d love to design a few prints that are more *graphic* than *photographic*. Spoonflower shares these links to a handful of tutorials for budding designers.
- Point and Shoot Love – by Jenny the Time Traveling Pirate, via Mortal Muses. I love what Jenny has to say about using point-and-shoot cameras. I, too, cut my teeth on a p+s for several years before I could justify the cost of a DSLR to myself, and I feel that the challenges the p+s posed really helped to stretch my skills.
- Birch Forest Coat Rack – a cool DIY from A Piece of Rainbow. I love this coat rack! It’s meant to look like a birch forest, and it is perfect for fall.
- Why It’s Good to Have a Pile of WIPs – by Cheryl Arkison, via Sew Mama Sew. I try to keep myself to a very small handful of works in progress, because I know the longer I go without working on a particular project, the less likely it will ever get finished. Cheryl has a different perspective.
Have a happy Friday!