This has been the week of Getting Nothing Done. Between the holiday on Monday, the snow storm on Tuesday, the snow-related school closure on Wednesday, the errands I had to run on Thursday… well, very little has been done on that eBook I am eager to finish.
I said I’d have it ready by Monday, and I’m still aiming for that, but I had really hoped I’d already be done!
I’m just going with the flow over here, and hoping that flow carries me into Monday with a completed eBook and a knit-along blog post to go with it!
Wish me luck…
[edited: I wrote this post last night, but I forgot to schedule it to post this morning – oops! I’m writing from my son’s laptop because about half an hour after I finished up this post, I dumped coffee into my laptop. Oh, joy! So, that writing I was going to do this weekend? Seriously in jeopardy. Much of my work is backed up in Dropbox, so it’s not a total loss, even if my computer turns out to be toast. But while I’m waiting for it to dry out, I have no access to the tools that will allow me to format my eBook, even though the data is still accessible. So. If the laptop is still working when I try it this evening, we should be on for Monday. If it is not, it’ll be a few days before I have a replacement in-hand, and the knit-along will have to wait until the following Monday. I’ll keep you posted!]
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. a small group of dolls, 2. Rounds, 3. Building a Master Cane nach Carol Simmons, 4. Trust the Man With the Star, 5. The perfect sunday breakfast, 6. Untitled, 7. Hexagon blanket, 8. 2 lbs of veggies a day, 9. tools, 10. details (explore), 11. Locomotion, 12. Just Hanging Out
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Crochet Red: info about a new book promoting heart health at berroco design studio
- announcing my new Crochet book!: a sneak peek from PlanetJune
- 7 Tips for Knitting Your First Sweater: from Craftsy and The Feisty Redhead, via Lion Brand Notebook
- Let’s Knit an Antler Cardi: instructions for a bottum-up sweater from Tin Can Knits
- Couronne Cardigan: a WIP from Hand Knitted Things
- Warp Speed Galaxy Shirt DIY: a dye and fabric paint tutorial from punk projects
- interwoven: an online class for the fiber-curious, via wise craft
- Upside Downside Apron: a free pattern + tutorial from The Crafty Kitty, via birchfabrics
- DIY Word Search Tea Towel: a tutorial from Anniemade, via Ruffled
- How to Make Lavender Linen Spray: tutorial from Town & Country Living
- DIY Pressed Rose Petal Tray: a tutorial from Say Yes
- DIY Collapsible Leather Tray: a tutorial from monsterscircus
- DIY Double-Sided Glass Frames for Framing Shells or Dyed Sea Fans: a tutorial from The Creativity Exchange
- How to Store Plastic Grocery Bags: a handy tip from Gimme Some Style
- DIY copper bangels: a jewelry-making tutorial from monsterscircus
- Perfect Summer Bangle: a clever jewelry tutorial from Lumi
- DIY Marble Gem Stones: a polymer clay tutorial from Fall For DIY
- Bird Nest Necklace: a bead and wire tutorial from Sincerely, Kinsey
- Button Rings DIY: a jewelry-making tutorial from Lana Red Studio
Have a great weekend! I’m off to carve out some writing time… [nevermind. I’m off to cross my fingers for 24 hours and hope my laptop is not a lost cause.]