Good morning! Normally on this day in January, I would be packing my bags in preparation for the Clayathon, but not this year. This year, it has moved to a weekend in February, one where I have long-standing family plans and cannot attend. It will be the first Clayathon I have ever missed.
I’m a little sad about that – there’s so much to love about Clayathon weekend for me – but at the same time, it will be nice to be home for this 3-day weekend with my family for once. Not to mention the fact that my dining room can stay clean a little bit longer, if I’m not pulling clay supplies out of the cabinet and trying to figure out what to pack!
Silver linings 🙂
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. Ok time to get some Christmas shopping done!, 2. On kitchen duty, 3. Snow day, 4. Miami South Beach Planet, 5. Bishop’s Palace – Galveston, TX, 6. Salamone serie L 😛, 7. Yellow Turquoise Boho Tile, 8. Milky Way, 9. Twelfth Night 5:365, 10. DSC_8800, 11. turkey-stripe knee socks, 12. Resin and Silver Floral Pendants, 13. Oops, this was yesterday’s #yearofmaking post. Another jar cozy on its way to a new home! 6/365, 14. Yesterday’s grateful (already behind in my 365 challenge) A shared coffee break with my Twinnie. #julesgrateful365, 15. chestnuts roasting on an open fire…
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Rainbow Slipper Socks: a crochet tutorial from Oomanoot
- Owl mittens: a crochet tutorial from The Green Dragonfly
- Joelle’s Diagonal Pinstripe Scarf: a knitting tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Chunky Cable Knit Crown Headband: a free knitting pattern from Eyes of Style
- How Visualizing and Completing a Project Can Change Your Life: by Crochet Concupiscence, via Lion Brand Notebook
- New Year, New Quilt: eye candy from Dover & Madden
- Last year’s quilt: even better eye candy from Dover & Madden
- Lucky Stars Block of the Month Finished Quilt: a complicated-looking design from Kitchen Table Quilting
- Tips to Successfully Quilt on a Budget: from Elizabeth Betts, via Sew Mama Sew |
- shirred voile pajama pants: a sewing tutorial from Noodlehead
- How to Create Your Own Planets Using Your Panoramas: a photoshop tutorial from Photojojo
- The Create Your Own Planets Pool: a Flickr group
- Time traveling photographer adds herself into her childhood pictures: on Sploid
- Print Comparisons: a side-by-side look at the quality of consumer photo processing labs from Corey Ann Photography
- The Power of Big, Crafty Goals: by Tara Swiger, via Sew Mama Sew |
- 100 Ways to Build Community in 2014 & Beyond: a guide from Oh My! Handmade
- 101 Creative Habits to Explore: Add More Creativity to Your Daily Life: a list from Blacksburg Belle
- The Secret to Building a Successful Business: a tip from FreshStitches
- Best Times to Post on Social Media: an infographic and tips from Being Your Brand
Have a wonderful weekend – do something crafty! Personally, I think it’s time to make a few new everyday pillow covers for my living room. I’ve got an order of Giraffe print fabric on its way…