Anybody going to Rhinebeck this weekend? Boring Office Guy and I are heading up there. We went last year and had such a nice time, just the two of us. You might not think a sheep and wool festival is the best place to bring your teenage son, but it really is such a nice opportunity to hang out together, enjoy the Autumn weather, eat maple cotton candy, and soak up the atmosphere.
If you are going, I hope you’ll look for me! I’ll be the one in the orange cardigan, camera around her neck, wandering around with an impossibly skinny teen…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Prettified Pincushion, 2. nestearringswbweb1, 3. The Colors of Fall, 4. my second ruby, 5. 287-365 – Its a natty kinda night., 6. Mid-century mini pieces quilt detail, 7. different shades, 8. 17 October 2013, 9. Quilt for V
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *alpaca slouch hat* a free crochet pattern from a creative being
- *Let’s Knit a Mitten* a detailed photo tutorial from Tin Can Knits
- *How to Picture a Pattern in an Alternate Color* an expert tip from Lion Brand Notebook http://bit.ly/17CIiD0
- *Sly Fox Hat* a free crochet pattern from ohmygoodknits!
- *Socks in Space!* an interview from knittyBlog
- *Adding a Crochet Edge to a Tea Towel* a tutorial from one sheepish girl
- *A-line Shift Dress with Sleeves, Part I* a sewing tutorial from Jamie Lau, via Spoonflower
- *The Patchwork Dress* a sewing tutorial from My Poppet
- *French Window Pillow* a patchwork tutorial from MODKIDBOUTIQUE
- *Scrappy Log Cabin Potholder* a patchwork tutorial from house on hill road
Food and General Craftiness
- *15 Recipes Every Parent Should Know* from Dinner: A Love Story
- *painted crockery* a tutorial from Mollie Makes
- *Staying Organized with a Simple Stencil DIY* from Lotta Jansdotter
- *Cross-stitching smileys; inspiring minds* a story from Geek Crafts
- *Music to craft by* a Spotify playlist from Mollie Makes
- *5 Ways to Get Attention* crafty blogging tips from CrafterMinds
- *How to Build Buzz for a Product Launch: Indie Designers In Conversation* at While She Naps
- *Branding DIY: An Insider’s Guide* fromSam Osborne, via Oh My! Handmade
- *Make a List of Everything on Your Site* a blog exercise from Lorelle on WordPress
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a nippy day in Rhinebeck tomorrow. I’d love to wear my sweater without, well, sweating, in it! I hope the weather where you are is perfect, too!