I have a bunch of pattern/tutorial ideas floating through my head these days.
Actually, if we’re being honest here, it’s more like they are bouncing animatedly around my brain at 3am, fueled by too much pre-bedtime caffeine. The other night, I actually got out of bed and wrote them down, both because some of them were actually good, and because I thought maybe committing them to paper (er, tablet) would release them from my poor cluttered, sleepy head.
It worked a little bit, head-wise, but better than that, I now have a nice little list of projects I am kind of excited about. The hardest part is going to be figuring out what to do first! October may be the month of the striped loom-knit armwarmers. Or maybe the sewn charm pack scarves. Decisions, decisions…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. polymer clay-my faux ceramic tutrial, 2. Nobody’s home, 3. Sea, 4. Untitled, 5. P1970731, 6. patchwork hand tied lap quilt, 7. rainbow of yarn makes me happy, 8. a me project!, 9. no 06 Daphne Women’s Shoes, 10. Pulsera imitación madera-flor, 11. Pink Ranunculus Pincushion, 12. Dayflower Snap Frame Purse, 13. pattern 1 pendant, 14. a harvest of flowers, 15. mom, 16. Alicia’s Log Cabin Quilt for Quake Survivors, 17. Healing Heart – Neon Swirls, 18. Christmas Crochet to be finished
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Measuring Yourself for Knitting/Crocheting a Sweater* tips from New Stitch a Day, via Lion Brand Notebook
- *Back To Knit* a buy one get one free special from Tin Can Knits
- *Miette Cardigan* a show-and-tell of an impressive first knit by JuliaBobbin
- *Granny Takes a Trip* a retro chic crochet pattern from Ellene Warren
- *Reversible Project Bag* a sewing tutorial from luvinthemommyhood
- *the super tote* a show and tell and sewing pattern review from Probably Actually
- *Easy Embroidered Lunch Bag + Napkin* a tutorial from Lunasky, via Sew Mama Sew
- *AMH Flannel Plus Quilt* a show-and-tell from Mommy For Reals
- *How to create fabric from drawings* a tutorial from Anda Corrie, via Spoonflower
- *Tackling the BIG Project: Writing a Craft Book* a blog hop post from CraftyPod
- *Tackling The Big Project: Launching a Magazine* a blog hop post from iMake
- *Tackling the BIG Project: Designing Softie Patterns* a blog hop post from Shiny Happy World
- *Tackling the BIG Project: Sewing for Quilt Market* a blog hop post by In Color Order
- *How to Go Viral on Pinterest (and other pinnable tips)* ideas from Unskinny Boppy
- *How to Promote Your Best Posts* blogging tips from CrafterMinds
- *6 Eye-Opening Business Lessons From School House Craft* shared by Aeolidia, via Oh My! Handmade
- *Be a Better Craft Teacher Part I: Know Your Stuff* from Whipstitch, via Sew Mama Sew
I’m looking at a busy weekend ahead of me, but I think it will be good busy. I hope your weekend is a nice one!