Well, I had no idea Orange was going to be such a popular color! There were over 140 submissions in media as diverse as polymer clay, paper, fabric, yarn, paint, cupcake frosting and shoes! Tough choice, but I’ve narrowed it down.
Allow me to introduce you to the finalists, before I reveal the winner:
- Papier mache Jack-O-Lantern, by Tamara (Block Party Press)
- Polymer clay Sunset Butterfly, by Jael’s Jewels
- Fabric pincushion, i chose orange, by Erin (House on Hill Road)
- Fabric freshcut bag, by Katie Smith
- Fabric Sparrow bag in brown and orange, byJamie (Fancy Farm Chick)
- polymer clay tile mosaic, by anticipation_05
- Polymer clay pendant, Cutout 2, by Bettina Welker
- customised crocs / ORANGE, by Roscom
- Mohair bunny, Marmalade Side, by Lisa Thoms
I encourage you to take a closer look at these photos and at the rest of the ones in the pool! Leave your comments on the photos over at flickr and let the artists know what you think – it’s always gratifying to hear that something you made has gotten a positive reaction from another creative type.
If you are one of these finalists and would like to elaborate here on what was involved in creating your entry, be my guest – the comments section is yours
And now, I turn to the trusty random number generator (aka me, picking a number out of a bowl) to select a winner:
And the winner is… #4!
Congratulations, Katie Smith! I love the fabric you used on that purse (which is obvious if you’ve seen my new pants)! I will be emailing you shortly with information about your $25 gift certificate.
Everyone else, time to start thinking about November, when our color will be… BROWN! Thanks for your participation!