I have to thank all of you who took the time to give me feedback about my new website. Everyone who answered seems to be having a positive experience, and is not finding the load time to be prohibitive. I’m glad to hear that!
If you are someone with a slower connection or old equipment, and you do find my website to take much longer to load than it used to, I encourage you to drop me a line. I’d be happy to try and speed up whatever I can. Nothing is written in stone around here!
Speaking of speeding things up, I realized this week that I am generating my images at a much higher quality than they need to be, which translates into larger files, which translates into longer load times. From now on, I’ll be saving my uploaded images at a lower quality that still looks good but is less than half the size of what it used to be. So that should help!
Ok, on with the usual Friday thing 🙂
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- Progress on the pig by houseonhillroad via Instagram
- Found this little beauty today! Just … by zuzu365 via Instagram
- Motifs scanned, now auditioning print… by betz_white via Instagram
- 72/365 Bungan Beach Australia by SiobhanSaunders via Flickr
- 65/365 – 15 by moo o’hara via Flickr
- Let the rainbow unicorn party prep be… by sunshineandgrey via Instagram
- Clay day with the Baltimore Bead Soci… by humblebeads via Instagram
- Catching air in West Texas, windmills… by erenhays via Instagram
- looks like we are eating healthy but … by designlovefest via Instagram
- Time to kick this project into high g… by sunshineandgrey via Instagram
- It’s about that time. #getmyworshipon by whimsylove via Instagram
- adios, L.A.! until next time. by sfgirlbybay via Instagram
- These are the conditions of my indoor… by _beckysue_ via Instagram
- Murrina flor verde-rosa by el rincón de amatista via Flickr
- my mini quilt by house on hill road via Flickr
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- How to Turn Your Phone Into a DIY Photo Projector for $1 – an cool idea from Photojojo. Hey, this is fun. I usually just use Chromecast to send my phone images to the TV, but this is a fun option if you don’t have something more high-tech, or if you just like the DIY look.
- National Craft Month – sale at Craftsy. Craftsy is having a big sale on classes for the next few days to celebrate National Craft Month. I snagged a $59 class for just $19 today. Maybe there’s something here to interest you, too? (P.S. this is an affiliate link, but I’d have shared even if it wasn’t.)
- Faux Painted Subway Tile – a tutorial from Sweet Parrish Place. The faux treatment is probably a lot less expensive than actual tile. You need patience and a steady hand, but the results seem really worth the effort.
- DIY Emoji Balloons – a project from Studio DIY®. These are so much fun! And they really look like the little guys on your phone 🙂
Have a terrific day!