Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving! I hope my fellow Americans had a lovely day yesterday. Ours was low-key but very nice. And this morning feels so unlike Friday to me that I almost spaced-out completely on the weekend links. Oops!
So, it’s a few hours late, but it’s here. Enjoy 🙂
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Good Morning! These two are ready for leftovers already! Happy Thanksgiving everyone #fromwhereistand #themugchronicles #happythanksgiving #thanksgiving, 2. Wintry mulling, 3. “Winter Weeds” front, 4. Untitled, 5. image, 6. Pulsera madera teñida-hojas, 7. image, 8. Recently Added-11, 9. cranberry pie with thick pecan crumble, 10. IMG_2600, 11. Seriously doubt I’ll be able to finish this gift by Cmas, but gonna give it a go when I’ve got those moments waiting or late night chilling out #crochet, 12. Yep #Chestercat has a new fave spot! #catsonquilts #catsandquilts #cat #tabby #tabbytuesday #vintagequilt, 13. 324/365, 14. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!, 15. Untitled
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Create the Perfect Winter Pajamas! – temptation from Spoonflower Blog. So far I have successfully resisted the urge to get my sewing machine set up, but I don’t know… this might just tip the scales a bit in the sewing machine’s favor. I have a granny square fabric design available at spoonflower that might make some fun (super kitschy) PJs.
- the first of five – a quilt from SouleMama. I love this so much. And while I did save a few of my favorite outfits that they boys wore when they were babies, I don’t think I have enough for a quilt. Once again I lament that my interest in the fiber arts was latent until my kids were school-aged! I’m sharing this in the hope that it might not be too late for some of you 🙂
- Apple Hand Pies (& pie filling for the freezer!) – a recipe from beauty that moves. I can’t remember the last time I baked anything, but I love this idea, and it seems kind of perfect with Thanksgiving this week (especially the low-key Thanksgiving my family will be having – a whole pie might be too much!)
- Make-Ahead Apple Pie – fun with I am Flufy, via the Polka Dot Cottage archives. Four years ago, my then-7-year-old and I made an apple pie together and filmed the process for his website. I may be biased, but the resulting videos are pretty darn cute, especially the outtakes at the end of the last one. I wonder if I could convince him to bake with me again this year?
- Compulsory Podcast – a new listen from Kim Werker. Ever get that feeling that you NEED to drop everything and work on a particular creative project? I do (only, like, ALL the time!). Kim explores compulsion on her new aptly-named podcast: Compulsory
Have a great day!