Happy Friday! This week, for the first time in a while, Friday did not sneak up on me. I actually have a nice little collection of images and links stored up for you. Enjoy!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Vintage Camera, 2. Yellow Summer flowers, 3. Plums from my garden, 4. Eastern bluebird, male, 5. Quiet tonight., 6. Sea bright., 7. DSC01530ps, 8. what im working on…, 9. IMG_0576, 10. Iron Spirals, 11. Loving my friend’s new kitchen- all white kitchens have always been my favorite. Actually white is my favorite color of all (surprisingly if you look at my art), 12. Boho Shawl, 13. Hello August…, 14. Knitting up some more stripey bow postcards., 15. Hey, This guy’s empty. You got any back there?, 16. When I was a little girl I envied…..
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Make Your Own Home Photo Booth – tips from A Beautiful Mess. I’ve been thinking about a homemade photobooth for my last few parties, but it hasn’t happened yet. One of these days!!
- Washcloths and Scrubbing Mitt – a simple knitting project from The Purl Bee. The look really cool. Surprisingly, they are knit in a simple garter stitch. It’s the yarn itself that does all of the work.
- DIY Shampoo Bars, Cold Process – a recipe from Kim Werker. I’ve used handmade shampoo bars in the past, but there was always an unpleasant build-up on my hair after a few days. Hard water is likely to blame. If you have soft water, you might like this recipe.
- Sunny Flower Motif Table Runner – a crochet tutorial from Zooty Owl’s Crafty Blog. I like this. I could see doing it in different colors and turning it into a colorful shawl.
- popsicle, popsicle, popsicle – a few good recipes from a Friend to knit with. Oh I’m so glad i saw this – I have forgotten that I was going to make popsicles with some of my smoothie ingredients until now! I need to try a few of these, too.
Have a happy Friday!