I want you to know: if you ever come to my blog and are greeted by a full-page ad that claims to be from “our sponsors” please know that it is not, in fact, from a Polka Dot Cottage sponsor.
I hate those ads that hijack your browser for 30 seconds before letting you see the real stuff, and I would never employ them here. I keep any ads tasteful and out of your way!
I have seen these full-page ads a few times here now, and trust me, I am looking into it. One of the 3rd party services/plugins I use on this site must be compromised, but it’s going to take some trial-and-error to figure out which one. In the meantime, please don’t click on those ads, and please accept my apologies.
And now on to more fun stuff!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Lichen Cowl, 2. Big Wheel, 3. Hydrangeas – June 2012, 4. P6172057, 5. Polymer Clay faux ceramic necklace, 6. Contemporary Tribal Bohemian Necklace, 7. remera, 8. Livia, pure and simple, 9. Untitled
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- spiral wire clasp – a wirework how to from Sweet Bead Studio. I have never had much luck working with wire, but these are neat-looking, and from the ease of this tutorial, I think maybe even *I* could crank out some nice-looking clasps.
- One Of A Kind Polymer Clay Jewelry by Bettina Welker – shop update from beadworx. Bettina’s work is so beautiful. It’s spendy, but worth it if you are a collector of art jewelry. I, alas, can only afford to enjoy from afar, but there is a book I’ve had my eye on. I may just pull the trigger on that today.
- A Friend in Need… – a knitting book auction from Mama O Knits Too Much. If you’d like to beef up your knitting library and help out a friend of Heather Ordover at the same time, check this out. The will be eight lots of books auctioned between today and Friday.
- Off the hook….. – a show-and-tell from Coco Rose Diaries. I love these little doilies-within-embroidery hoops! And the stream-of-consciousness discussion of her next projects sounds like something I could have written myself.
- Tie-dye amazing rainbow yarn! – a tutorial from FreshStitches. I love this. I had no idea there was such a thing as a sock blank, but it really helps you to control the striping on your died yarn.
- Pillowcase Sundress – a tutorial from Nikol Lohr via CRAFT:. I figured I was too big for a pillowcase dress, but this proves otherwise. A girl can never have too many lighter-than-air casual dresses for those dog days of summer!
- Summer Soul Camp :: Online Retreat – offered by beauty that moves. I have to say I am tempted by this. As my kids get older and less interested in my idea of what summer should be, it makes sense to make my own plans, just for me.
- Professional Finishing for Perfect Crochet – a new Craftsy class from Linda Permann. I signed up for this the moment I heard about it yesterday. In particular, I’m looking forward to learning ways to fix mistakes.
Have fun exploring the links! I’ll see you later this weekend for the second installment of my new TWiP series!