Happy Friday! It’s been rainy here for the last few days, but I’m not minding it too much. At least it’s not freezing cold or snowy! I’m thinking of spending my mornings this weekend cozied up in bed with a cup of warm tea, a homemade power bar, some weekendy music, and a good book. I bought Molly Wizenberg’s new book to read on the beach later this month, but I may not be able to wait… I loved her previous book so much! And her berry pound cake? A delicious Summer treat. It’s a shame everyone I know is avoiding wheat these days, or I would make a loaf.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. Untitled, 2. Cherry Blossoms, 3. good reads : my Spring Fling Flower Mandala for Crochet Gifts + a giveaway, 4. My first DIY project for @creativebug is up on their blog today! A simple and easy flower frog clay top to turn little cups and dessert glasses from the thrift store into sweet table arrangements for Mother’s Day., 5. 439, 6. I still really love crocheted stones. In the past several weeks if winter darkness, combined with my poor eyesight, crocheting these was out of the question. But now the days are longer and I’m soon to have brand new (better) glasses. Can’t wait to make s, 7. Evening Mantel Glow, 8. Flower Pendants, 9. 5 may
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Colorblock BiasÂ Blanket: a classy yet simple knitting pattern from The Purl Bee
- Retro Granny Square Pillow: a tutorial with video from B.hooked Crochet
- The Starflower Mandala: a crochet Ta-dah! from Attic24
- Dutch skies potholders: a free crochet pattern from Haak Maar Raak!
- the easy tee: a beginner sewing tutorial for a woman’s t-shirt by It’s Always Autumn
- Ten Minute Pencil Roll: a gift-worthy sewing project from My Poppet
- How to make a tote bag: a sewing tutorial from Skip To My Lou
- Father’s DayÂ Tie: a great sewing project for the men in your life from The Purl Bee
- Quick Envelope Pillow Case: a simple sewing tutorial from Rae Gun Ramblings
- Working with Sculpey SoufflÃ©: a very thorough review of the new clay from The Blue Bottle Tree
- SoufflÃ© Layered Cane Earrings: a tutorial with the new clay by Patti Kimle, via Sculpey
- Masterful Faux Made Easy: a detailed PDF tutorial from SCDiva
- Chatty Charms: a technique from Polymer Clay Tutorials
- Sharing, mutating polymer: Cynthia Tinapple’s keynote address from EuroSynergy at Polymer Clay Daily
Other cool stuff
- Awards that Celebrate the Best in Craft: the Craftys
- Starbucks Drink Guide – Blended Coffee Frappuccinos: a great description of the process by HubPages’ mandination
- Peanut Butter Cup Blended Coffee: a decadent recipe from Atkinson Drive
- Peppermint Mocha Latte: a recipe from Confessions of an Over-Worked Mom
- Mint Matcha Green Tea Latte: a recipe from Healthy. Happy. Life.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you moms out there 🙂