I’m over at Days With the Grays this week, participating in Megan’s Creative Mothers series. She asks me all kinds of questions about motherhood, creativity, and the intersection of the two. You can read it here, if you like.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Dye Yarn with Onion Skins: a how-to from Lion Brand Notebook
- How to Make Plastic Canvas “Straw” Placemats: a tutorial from Craftypod
- Easy Stool Covers: a free crochet pattern from MAMACHEE
- Yet another Vivid: a beautiful finished knit blanket from Tin Can Knits
- Poncho in stripes: a free pattern from Her World
- Quilted Circle Coasters: a tutorial from Ellen Luckette Baker, via Craftfoxes
- Make Your Own Sesame Street-Inspired Martian: a tutorial from GeekMom
- A Drawstring Bag: beginner sewing tutorial from Melly Sews
- Oakshott Half Square Triangle Pillow: a tutorial from Meadow Mist Designs, via Sew Mama Sew
- Pillowcases for EveryÂ Bed: a sewing tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Sculpey SoufflÃ©: a review of the newest polymer clay from The Blue Bottle Tree
- Dots, strings and squares: winners of an extruder-based contest from Polymer Clay Daily
- Stamped and backfilled hanging tree dec: a polymer tutorial from Craftster’s maxxev
- DIY Cabochon Flowers: a simple but colorful polymer clay project from Gluesticks
- C is for Cameo: an adorable Cookie Monster pendant by Geek Goddess Creations, via Geek Crafts
Other cool stuff
- The Dolly Awards: good stuff from Dinner: A Love Story
- A four word phrase that might change your life: from yes and yes
- Downsizing your joy? Stop that. Let us be happy for you.: from Alexandra Franzen
- Photography and blogging tips from the founders of Blogtacular: via Mollie Makes
- How to launch a podcast in one week: tips from Tara Swiger
Have a lovely weekend!