I noticed it’s my half birthday today. I’m not sure why I still pay attention to that at my age. I mean, it’s one thing for a little kid to gleefully announce, “I’m six and a half today!” but it feels kind of wrong after you’ve grown up, doesn’t it?
Just the same, since I need a little something to put in this spot, and I’m kind of short on material at the moment, and I did happen to glance at the calendar and notice that it’s November 22nd, I might as well tell you: I’m forty two and a half today!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Make a Beautiful Designer-Look Colour-Block Cushion* a crochet tutorial from A Creative Being, via Tuts+
- *Big Woolies* a crochet embellishment project from Maize Hutton
- *The Very Hungry Caterpillar* a free crochet pattern from Twinkie Chan Blog
- *Hollie Hedgehog* a show-and-tell from Attic24
- *DIY Anthro Inspired Red and White Striped Tablecloth* a tutorial from Your Homebased Mom
- *Ruby Top* a garment-sewing show-and-tell from House on Hill Road
- *Dress & Blouse How-To* a sewing tutorial from Martha Stewart
- *Gifts for Geeks* a pattern roundup from AngelaB.me, via Sew Mama Sew
- *DIY ‘Polka Dottie’ Garland* polka dots in paper from MISS PARTY
- *DIY Polka Dot Shoes* polka dots in ink from Thyme is Honey
- *polka dot gift bags* polka dots in paint from The Pleated Poppy
- *Reupholster chairs* polka dots in oilcloth (I think) shared by Delicious Shots
Crafty Issues, Blogging, and Business
- *My Blog Must Haves* a handy checklist from Mod Podge Rocks, via CrafterMinds
- *5 Tips for Writing an Ebook That Sells* shared by While She Naps
- *Mismatched is only cool if you are 5 years old* branding tips from Lisa White, via Oh My! Handmade
- *How to Maximize Joy (and Reduce Stress) in Holiday-Gift Crafting* useful tips from Tara Swiger, via CraftyPod
- *Donating toys to the Philippines tragedy* (and why you should not) by FreshStitches
Hey, I’m just realizing it’s less than a week away from Thanksgiving… how exciting! I just love Thanksgiving. In fact, I have a small rant brewing: one in which I flip out over the fact that stores are opening on Thanksgiving night, before the pumpkin pie has even been cut into. I wish Black Friday would stay where it belongs: on FRIDAY!
Oops… almost slipped into Grumpy Old Lady mode, and really I’m far too young for that. I’m only forty two and a half, after all.
Have a lovely weekend!