Guys, guess what. I finished my September Sweater! And it only took me a total of 18 days! I can hardly believe it. I have never, ever knit a sweater so quickly. So, it’s finished, and I can’t wait to show it to you. It will have to wait until I have had a chance to process the images from my backyard photo shoot, and I have a lot of words to write about it, too, given all of the customization I did to the pattern and all.
So be on the lookout for that, sometime in the next few days! I the meantime, I’ll be hoping for some 60-degree-or-less mornings and evenings so I can wear the darn thing.
Ooh! I’ve just had a great idea for another photo shoot image, but I’ll need a Pumpkin Spice Latte as a prop. Oh, the things I must do for the sake of art! (Heh.)
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Ready to fly !, 2. back again after a really hard time, 3. A toda maquina….., 4. Neptuns zweiter Knopf, 5. Rustic Boho Hoops, 6. grannysquares, 7. It’s all about farm animals 🙂, 8. 30 august, 9. hexagon pixel cushion front, 10. really need a book on flowers, 11. Waiting on.., 12. yellow chair – emma mitchell
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Granny square joining* a crochet tutorial from Carina’s Craftblog
- *Color Tipped Scarf* a knitting pattern from The Purl Bee
- *The flowery summer picture* shared by Simply Ruthie
- *adventure knit-a-long* the coolest knitting book ever by Lee Meredith
- *Patchwork Please Pincushion* shared by catandvee
- *Patchwork Pincushion* a sewing tutorial from paper.string.cloth
- *Feel Good Pants* a show-and-tell from Connecting the dots…
- *pretty quick pillowcase (& bonus french seam instructions)* a tutorial from Film in the Fridge
- *Polymer Clay Image Transfer for Doodles* a tutorial from this heart of mine
- *Hollow polymer clay beads* a free PDF template from Artybecca
- *Wind Chimes* a tutorial from Crafts Company
- *paint-by-number hex symbol coasters* a tutorial from Design*Sponge
- *Ladies: It Matters How We Talk About Crafting* from The Zen of Making
- *On Handwork* insights shared by Renate Hiller via Chuck Smith
- *how to stay true to yourself in your business* shared by Sweet Perversion, via dear handmade life
- *How to Start a Great Craft Blog* a case study with Beyond the Hedgerow, from While She Naps
Have a great weekend! I’m off to source that latte…