I thought it was about time I revived the ol’ Friday Flickr Favorites tradition, but with a twist. I would also like to start sharing links to crafty things I found around the internet.
First, though, Flickr.
(You can click on the images for individual photo credits)
I didn’t spend much time on Flickr in 2012. (Still, somehow, I managed to star 48 photos, as you can see…) I star a photo when it speaks to me in some way – usually the color is what grabs me, or objects I would like to make, or vignettes of an everyday moment beautifully captured.
You’ll notice that I only include headless people in my favorites. I find faces distract me. They make it harder for me to make up my own story for the scene…
I use Picasa for all of my own photos now, as it is the easiest way for me to manage them locally, keep a backup offsite, and share with family and friends. That said, I still tried to upload lower-res versions of everything to flickr last year, but I didn’t really make it a priority.
For 2013, I’m going to use flickr more often again. I’ve missed seeing what my bloggy friends are taking pictures of, and I’ve discovered a nice way to use flickr as the hub for my social instagram-esque day-to-day snapshots. I’m calling it InstaFlick, and I’d be happy to tell you more about that next week, if there’s interest.
Until then, click on those photos above and show a little flickr love to the artsy people who took them!
As you may or may not know, I have been sharing links on Sulia for the past month or so, as one of their Crafts experts. Unless you are following me there, or happen to be logged into Twitter at the right time every day to catch me, you probably haven’t seen these links. These are things that have grabbed me in my daily reading, or in my quests to learn more about particular topics, and I hope you might find something of interest, too!
- Blair’s Doodle rocks tutorial
- Keep Smiling Blog’s chalk board refrigerator
- Turn an old door into a chalk board
- Tinted mason jars
- Alana’s Hexipuffs
- The Purl Bee’s Cozy lap blanket pattern
- Doctor Who scarf knit-along
- A funny post about knitting with ugly colors
- A super bulky cowl
- A DIY solution for attractively storing your circular needles. (Could have filed this under “sewing” too)
- Colorful hexagon blanket with a white background
- Pretty blanket made with single-color hexagons and a nifty border
- Chalk board background images (like on my new header!)
Have a lovely weekend!