It’s a yearly tradition for me to go on and on about how much I love the fall, yet here we are in mid-October and I have yet to fill my quota of autumnal gushing. Clearly this must be rectified at once. One look out the window (or several errands out in the car) this morning will tell you that this is Autumn in New Jersey, and it is Good. It puts me in the mood for some Reasons to be Cheerful.
- 55 degrees and drizzly on a day when I’ve got nothing pressing to do. I took care of the most important tasks on my list yesterday. I may just spend the next few hours knitting and watching movies…
- A breakfast experiment gone right: heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin stirred into my vanilla yogurt and topped with Vanilla Almond Agave Granola. Quite good.
- The mums my mother-in-law brought over a few weeks ago are really starting to bloom nicely.
- Homemade pumpkin lattes. I still haven’t gotten the mix quite right for my own taste, but there’s fun in the experimentation. Bonus: Eamonn absolutely loves the pumpkin milk.
- The Pandora station I started five+ years ago and am still enjoying listening to and tweaking. It’s good Fall listening, if you’re interested.
- Daydreaming about future projects. I’m thinking: Ripple Blanket, crocheted for Eamonn. After I finish knitting Aidan’s sweater, that is.
- Mini pumpkins.
- And lastly, I am quite cheerful to report that the results of the biopsy are in, and the growth I had removed from my throat a few weeks ago is of the completely harmless variety. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I appreciated it!
Want to play along? Use the inlinkz button below to link to your own Reasons to be Cheerful post!