There’s been a cycle recently, and it goes like this:
- Send out a batch of orders
- Spend a week getting caught up in summer fun and crafty activities
- Realize a week has gone by, panic, and get a HUGE batch of orders out the door
- Become conscientious: immediately get ready to send out the next small batch that came in while I was working on the last batc, and vow to be a better businesswoman for the rest of the summer
- BAM! Get smacked in the head with some affliction that makes it impossible to make good on #4
I’m seeing the pattern now. #5 is a punishment for #2. This time it’s my back. I have a really sore back, between my shoulder blades, but over to the right a bit. Movement is a problem. I could barely step into my shorts this morning, and putting deodorant under my left arm proved to be a challenge as well (note to Neil: when you get home tonight, try not to be downwind of my left side, since I plan to take the kids outside today and sweating is likely).There’s no way I can lug books up the stairs like this. I’ll have to just print out the paperwork so I’m ready to go as soon as my body wants to cooperate. I’m really starting to feel like I’m not “allowed” to do more than one shipping run per week this summer. Hey, I’m cool with fewer boring packing/shipping sessions, but letting the orders build up not only makes each shipping run really big and heavy, it kind of annoys the customers who have to wait.