I have to keep the words few and far between today. We have a little birthday get-together happening this weekend in honor of Boring Office Guy, and I still have a lot of prep work to do. And when I say “prep work” I don’t mean cool, party-related stuff, but embarassing stuff like disassembling the Christmas tree and putting away accumulated piles of junk.
I can’t help but think how much fun I could have really doing up the house for a party (some of the links below give me great ideas, actually) if I had only kept it reasonably clean. Instead, I spend the day before decluttering and muttering under my breath. Oh, such fun!
I thought I’d save you the extra click to Flickr, and just include the photo credits right here this time.
1. Untitled, 2. fyi, 3. Kaleidoscope cane, 4. Corazón a cuadros para Susana, 5. Cheerful Sampler Afghan, 6. mismatchy, 7. The carnage!, 8. African Flowers in stacks of 10, 9. Close up mini hexies blanket
Around the web
Knitting and Crocheting
- If you’re thinking of getting your feet wet with fair isle knitting, try something small like Apseed did
- I love this Heartbreaker Hat Learner’s Per-Knit stitched for her newborn. Sweet!
- It doesn’t need to be Valentine’s Day to enjoy a crocheted heart garland. Mon Makes Things shares hers.
- There is something so sweet about a woolen rabbit. The Purl Bee shows you how to make your own.
- Bag-maker extraordinaire Artsy Crafty Babe upcycles old leather jackets into purses. Pretty cool!
- I’m on a bit of a hexagon kick (really?) so I was drawn to these pillows from Sister Diane via Spoonflower
- Homemade body butter from A Delightful Home and Simple Homemade
- Confounded by color? Fresh Stitches shares these color wheel tips to help you choose hues for your next project.
- I like the way Taylor Made dove into this DIY upholstery project.
- I love these printable post-it notes from How About Orange – what a clever idea!
- Polka Dot Pencils from Lovely Indeed! You *know* I approve of that.
- These harlequin bangles from My Poppet are so colorful and fun! They are built on a clever base, too.
- This DIY bouquet of coffee filter flowers from Our Lake Life is so pretty!
- These utensil holders by Design, Dining + Diapers are a surprisingly pretty use for burlap.
- Ok, now I totally want big pom-poms on my shoes like Lovely Indeed
So, yes, I’ll be hanging out with my vacuum and dust cloth today and working up a sweat doing things I really don’t want to do. But hopefully by tomorrow I’ll be making some chocolate cupcakes and hanging up birthday banners and enjoying myself before company comes! (I’ll enjoy myself while they’re here, too, of course…)
Have a great weekend!