The color play is achieved through a nontraditional use of a single Skinner blend. The Shawl Pin is constructed easily with cookie cutters and a patterned veneer.
If you are comfortable with the Skinner blend technique and can reduce and re-assemble millefiori canes, you can do this project.
Through this ebook you will learn:
- How to build a polymer cane that mimics the look of plaid
- How to create a veneer from a square cane
- How to apply the veneer and construct a shawl pin shape
- How to apply a nice curvature to the pin
- Resources to help you learn more.
Tools and Materials
- 4 packages of clay (3 colors plus white)
- Work surface
- Pasta machine
- Clay blade
- Circle cutters
- Thin metal knitting needle
- Strong wire cutters
- Deli paper or parchment paper
- Oven (regular, convection, or toaster)