Based on the Everyday Cardigan and Everyday Pullover patterns that were designed for adult women, Everyday Baby is a collection of simple quick knits for Newborn to 4T.
The main pattern (View A) is a long-sleeved cardigan with a ribbed yoke and seed-stitch accents. View B switches out the long sleeves for simple cap sleeves, which are created with the use of short rows. Views C and D are pullover variations, one for each sleeve length.
Knit almost entirely in stockinette stitch, the pattern is straightforward enough for a motivated beginner, but includes some special details to add visual interest. Using only a few hundred yards of yarn, and working up in a couple of evenings, these tiny sweaters are nearly instant-gratification, and fabulous stash-busters, too!
The project is geared towards motivated beginners. If you have these skills:
- Long-tail cast-on
- Picking up stitches [views A+D only]
- Short rows [views B+C only]
- Backwards loop cast-on
- Basic bind-off
then you can do this.
Tools and Materials
This pattern is written for sizes 0-3m (3-6m, 6-12m, 12-18m, 18-24m, 2T, 4T). You will need:
- 220 (243, 284, 322, 367, 373, 462) yards worsted-weight wool or wool blend, like Berroco Vintage [yardage amounts are for View A. The other views use less.]
- One set of 4 US #7 double point needles [Views A+D only].
- One US #7 (4.5mm) 16” or larger circular needle [Views A+B]
- One US #7 (4.5mm) 16” circular needle and optional 24” circular needle [Views C+D]
- One double point needle any size [Views C+D]
- 3/4-inch buttons
- yarn needle
- stitch markers
There are no reviews yet.