My family is room is a comfortable spot where we all gather and spend our evenings. The carpet is beige, the couch is beige, all of the throw pillows were some mismatched relative of beige. Aside from the light yellow-green walls, the entire room was essentially one big neutral. I set out to fix that recently with some accessories: a new colorful ceramic lamp, a few crocheted table toppers, and new covers for all of those uninspiring pillows.
The project is great for beginners! If you can sew a straight line, then you can do this!
More than just a simple sewing pattern, this ebook is like a mini-class. Each topic includes step-by-step instructions and photos where appropriate.
You will learn:
- How to estimate the proper amount of yardage
- How to distribute the various fabrics to make a cohesive group of pillows
- How to construct a removable pillowcase without zippers or buttons
- How to choose effective colors and fabrics
- How to vary the look with simple changes
- Resources to help you learn more
Tools and Materials
- light-to-medium weight fabric in a variety of patterns
- basic fabric-measuring-and-cutting supplies
- sewing machine
- thread to coordinate with fabric
- old throw pillows, or new pillow forms