This project doesn’t include a lot of confusing sewing terms, and the finished product flatters your form like a skirt with a zipper, but is much more forgiving if you gain or lose a few pounds here and there.
If you can do a little simple math, and you have even a small amount of sewing machine experience (can you sew a straight line?), you can make this custom-fit skirt.
More than just a simple sewing pattern, this ebook is like a mini-class. Each topic includes step-by-step instructions and photos where appropriate.
You will learn:
- How to use your measurements to draft a custom-fit skirt pattern
- How to cut the fabric and sew it into a 3-panel wrap skirt
- How to make a waistband and ties
- How to sew a hem
Tools and Materials
- 1½ to 2 yards of light-to-medium weight fabric (quilting cottons are ideal)
- tape measure
- yard stick
- roll of tracing paper or newsprint paper
- washout cloth marker
- sewing machine
- thread to coordinate with fabric