The Plaid Cane is deceptively simple, featuring a straightforward construction. The color play is achieved through a nontraditional use of a single Skinner blend.
The Shawl Pin is constructed easily with cookie cutters and a patterned veneer.
If you are comfortable with the Skinner blend technique and can reduce and re-assemble millefiori canes, you can do this project.
Tools and Materials
- 4 packages of clay (3 colors plus white)
- Work surface
- Pasta machine
- Clay blade
- Circle cutters
- Thin metal knitting needle
- Strong wire cutters
- Deli paper or parchment paper
- Oven (regular, convection, or toaster)
Through this ebook you will learn:
- How to make a partial blend
- How to build a polymer cane that mimics the look of plaid
- How to create a veneer from a square cane
- How to apply the veneer and construct a shawl pin shape
- How to bake the pin and apply a nice curvature to it
Plaid Shawl Pin is fully-illustrated and available in PDF and EPUB (Nook, iPad, Sony, etc.) formats. $7.99
Your Shopping CartThe cart is currently empty.
Visit The Shop