My son, who likes to call himself “Flufy,” has Cozy down to a science. Wherever he happens to be, if there’s a couch with a blanket, he’ll crawl underneath and make himself right at home. So, when it was his turn to be on the receiving end of a significant Mom-made project, I knew that he would appreciate a lap blanket.
The project in this ebook is the exact blanket I made for Flufy. This is a great do-together project, if the recipient is old enough to follow a few simple color-choice rules.
The project is great for beginners! If you can:
- make a slip knot
- chain stitch
- slip stitch
- double-crochet stitch
then you can do this. And if you can’t do these things, I’ve included resources that will help you learn.
Topics Covered (Tutorial Version Only)
More than just a simple crochet pattern, this ebook is like a mini-class. Each topic includes step-by-step instructions and photos where appropriate.
You will learn:
- How to make a granny square
- How to join granny squares together as you go
- How to add a border to your blanket
- How to choose colors and arrange them in a pleasing manner
- An alternate way of changing colors that eliminates the need to weave in ends.
- How to choose effective colors for the blanket’s border
- Should you block your blanket?
- Links to resources to help you learn more
Tools and Materials
Flufy’s blanket measures 42”x52” and consists of ten rows of eight squares.
- 15 hanks Berroco Vintage (or roughly 3000 yards of worsted weight yarn)
- G (4mm) hook
- yarn needle
There are no reviews yet.