Special knit and crocheted projects deserve special buttons, and sometimes the best fasteners are the ones that fade quietly – and artfully – into the background of the garment. What better way to procure unique sweater-matching buttons than to make them yourself?
Tools and Materials
- Polymer clay in various colors
- Pasta machine or other rolling tool
- Clay blade or other cutting tool
- Round ¾-inch and 1¼-inch cookie cutters
- Plastic wrap
- Knitting needle or other hole-poking tool
- 1/16-inch drill bit (optional)
- Sandpaper in 400, 600, 800, 1000, and 1200 grits (optional)
- Buffing cloth (optional)
BEGINNER level, step-by-step polymer clay tutorial
Fully-illustrated, 12-page PDF
Like this? Please share!
[bctt tweet=”Yarny Buttons: make 3 kinds of sweater-matching buttons in #polymerclay #pdcyarnybuttons #tutorial”]
Your Shopping CartThe cart is currently empty.
Visit The Shop