Kids love these stripey friends. They’re easy to make with inexpensive yarn and mismatched buttons, and they’re fun to play with.
- E-wrap cast-on and knit stitch on a round loom
- Sock-knitting techniques on a round loom (short row heels, shaped toes, flat-closed bind-off). If you don’t know how to do these things, there are links included to resources that can help you learn.
- Sewing a button
Tools and Materials
- 1/2 skein worsted weight wool in blue
- 1/2 skein worsted weight wool in yellow
- 1/4 skein worsted weight wool in purple
- 2 matching red buttons
- 1 big focal button
- Small amount of yellow embroidery floss
- Small handful of pillow stuffing
- 24-peg blue Knifty Knitter
- Loom hook
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery needle