Armed with just a ball of bulky yarn, a pair of knitting needles, and the ability to knit and purl, you can banish frigid ears forever! If you are not afraid of simple cables, increases, and decreases, you can achieve additional levels of earwarming loveliness.
The most ambitious pattern is presented first, followed by two easier variations. You should have no problem finding a pattern to fit your own comfort level!
These are basic knitting techniques. If you are an absolute beginner, you can still handle these patterns, but you should familiarize yourself with the techniques via the links below first.
- Long-tail cast-on
- Knit and purl
- Basic bind-off
- Crocheting a chain (or other method of making a button loop)
- Sewing on a button
It might be helpful if you are familiar with these techniques, but if you are not, they are explained at a basic level within the pattern. If you require more information, the links below can help.
- Increasing (kfb, kbf) and decreasing (k2tog, ssk, p2tog, ssp) [only necessary for two of the patterns]
- Left-facing cable [only necessary for one of the patterns]
This eBook contains:
- Pattern for a tapered headband with three cabled ribs (intermediate).
- Pattern for a tapered headband with three ribs (advanced beginner).
- Pattern for a straight-sided headband with two ribs (beginner).
- Basic descriptions of two kinds of increases and four kinds of decreases
- Basic description of a left-facing cable
- Formula for determining a tapered headband’s measurements