Sometimes I can be my own worst enemy.
Over the years of posting Weekend Favorites, I’ve come up with a set of “standard practices” while collecting images and links, that were initially intended to help me automate the process of putting these posts together. I’d find stuff during the week, and then I’d save these things in a particular manner that would make it simple to generate posts on Fridays without much extra effort.
As often happens when I put systems in place, I became a slave to my own self-imposed rules, and instead of making things easier, they caused me all kinds of internal grief.
Well, today I’m shedding all of that baggage. I’m deleting all but the last 16 of the 200+ images I had been saving to share, and I’m starting a new method of link collecting that I hope will be less convoluted in practice than the previous method was. We’ll see.
I do enjoy setting aside nifty links and beautiful images to share. As long as I can manage not to suffocate myself in the details of getting them into this weekly digest format, I’ll keep posting them regularly.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- Almost home!! And wow- I really finally feel li… by elsielarson via Instagram
- A couple of rows with breakfast this morning ❤️… by piasdotter via Instagram
- Spent most of yesterday making new #dreadbeads … by flowertown_originals via Instagram
- My mother’s favorite threat. 2/100 #the100daypr… by kellyshouldbesewing via Instagram
- I am working on a new color for some hand dyed … by annajoycedesign via Instagram
- Company’s coming. So I finally got around to pu… by barij via Instagram
- The dolls are all dressing in thrifted baby clo… by wee_wonderfuls via Instagram
- how sad and bad and mad it was – but then, how … by camerashymomma via Instagram
- Making all the Wildflowers Care Package box top… by nevernotknitting via Instagram
- I love when eyesore shrubs are 100% lovely to m… by edillow via Instagram
- Close up on my new jumper! 💗 #virka #virkat #v… by ellenorvirkar via Instagram
- Afternoon down time = Earl Grey tea with lemon … by the_woolbrary via Instagram
- Have a great evening (morning, afternoon, night… by byhaafner via Instagram
- #ldjcrochethookup day 19: mandala. We’ve alread… by crochetnowmag via Instagram
- Retreat sewing = 241 Tote for me. by metamarama via Instagram
- Mom achievement unlocked: basting this small qu… by lindamade via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Here’s How To Make Chemical-Free Cleaning Wipes For Your Home – a nifty DIY from BuzzFeed. These are cool, and I love that they decorated the coffee can and didn’t just leave it as-is. It actually looks quite pretty.
- The Mandala Madness CAL – hosted by Crystals and Crochet. If you’ve caught the mandala bug like I have, you might be interested in this crochet-along. It started a month ago, but I am sure it’s ok to jump in at any time. The finished mandala promises to be BIG. Blanket-size!
- The complete list of ‘OK, Google’ commands – a handy list from c|net. My kids make fun of me because I’m always talking into my phone, but hey, I think “Ok, Google, set a timer for 8 minutes” is a lot quicker than digging through my apps, opening the timer, and punching in 8:00. Here’s a handy list of everything else Google Now can do for you.
- Altered Purses – a tutorial by Pennamite. This one is an oldie but a goodie. My friend Penny turns thrift shop purses into fabulous works of functional art. She shares her process here.
Have a lovely Friday!