I have wanted to post a Weekend Favorites post for the last few Fridays, but I kept finding myself too busy to get down to it on Thursday nights (and Friday mornings) lately.
In actuality, I was still really busy last night, and this morning I am supposed to be throwing some belongings into a a bag and taking a trip a few hours south of here. Still, I don’t want to put this post off another week! So here I am, sipping my morning coffee and putting together the Weekend Favorites.
Hopefully I still have enough time to pack up some clothes and a knitting project before it’s time to leave 🙂
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
(Follow me?Flickr | Instagram)
- I swatched 7 different stitch patterns before g… by izznit via Instagram
- We had a lovely afternoon in the sun enjoying y… by natasha_littlemissrose via Instagram
- Coffee and good book 😌 by potatoqueen via Instagram
- Apple season is here! It is time for everythin… by woolenviolet via Instagram
- So much cooler today! Woke up to this lovely au… by nestprettythings via Instagram
- Sunday Morning :: Aren’t quiet Sunday mornings … by the.tangled.knitter via Instagram
- Unicorn parallelogram kindly shared with me via… by madelinetosh via Instagram
- #hipstaadayseptember #hipstamatic #hipstamaticp… by coppercurls55 via Instagram
- One king size quilt is put through the wash / 3… by annamariahorner via Instagram
- Hallelujah, thank you Jesus ☕️🙏🏼 Happy Saturd… by elizaellen via Instagram
- “I love my life. I don’t want to be a mere spec… by hellotherefriendproject via Instagram
- We’re loving these grid notebooks Erin Dollar o… by poppytalk via Instagram
- I’m having so much fun working on my 4th book a… by yvestown via Instagram
- Ugh Brighton, why so pretty!? 🌆 by rocknrollbride via Instagram
- Summer Harvest Tortilla Soup with a few additio… by cathysly via Instagram
- untitled by doreenkassel1 via Instagram
- These earrings by Laura Guenther are adorned wi… by stampington via Instagram
- Back panel done!! I’m finally getting used to t… by sparkle512 via Instagram
- Here I come #fringeandfriendskal2015. Excited t… by claireallenplatt via Instagram
- A peek at a 5-Minute Thanksgiving Tablescape we… by poppytalk via Instagram
- • brown • #hp_brown2 #myweekofdetails @its_my_w… by zuzu365 via Instagram
- Turkish coffee for #nationalcoffeeday. Quite de… by cindyloughridge via Instagram
- We are drooling over this quilt made by @jessee… by artgalleryfabrics via Instagram
- Happy National Coffee Day–To celebrate save $1… by blockpartypress via Instagram
- Happy National Coffee Day! Our April issue cove… by njmonthly via Instagram
- Menai Moonrise’ – Anglesey by Kristofer Williams via Flickr
- Next on line for jewelry; polymer clay beads fr… by irismishly via Instagram
- I’ve just finished these two sweet-as-pie bride… by gertrudemade via Instagram
- Make Pretty Classic Hat – Tutorial http://beaut… by cascadeyarns via Instagram
- Bouquet treasure for #barijbouquets winner. Hop… by barij via Instagram
- Pie pie pie!! Pie just fits with fall. Look at … by foodbloggersca via Instagram
- Starting off the week on the right 👟 with my f… by chicagotourguide via Instagram
- Monday, Monday! Warming up with a bowl of appl… by newlyfedweds via Instagram
- #4of31 #halloween #princesspumpkins #traderjoes… by jamesedward111 via Instagram
- Fall! #fall #fallincalifornia #canadianincalifo… by elizabeth_in_photo via Instagram
- Spent the week playing dress up with #WarbyHome… by listaland via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Health benefits for those who stick to their knitting – expert advice from The Sacramento Bee. Ok, people, this is your invitation to spend the next several months holed up by the fire, pointy sticks and string in hand 🙂 By the way, I think this advice applies to any craft you do with your hands, not just knitting.
- Autumn Palette on Yarn – dyed skeins from Small Things. Oh, I just love this! So many pretty colors, and all from plants. One of these days I am going to finally try this myself.
- How to Make Sun Prints – a fun DIY from Food52. You can make prints of all kinds of natural objects in your back yard, or objects from your home. Nifty.
- DIY Macrame Hammock Chair – a DIY from Fish & Bull. This is cool! I actually rescued a chair like this from the curb a few years ago, but when I got it home I didn’t really know how to improve the worn-out old cushion that was on it. The answer is to remove it and replace it with a macrame hammock, it seems!
- Wink’s Mandalas Blanket – a free pattern from A Spoonful of Yarn. Wink was a crocheter known for her colorful mandalas. After she passed away earlier this year, her brother’s fiance took on the task of turning Wink’s mandalas into a beautiful tribute blanket. Here she shares images of the finished blanket, links to learn more information about the individual mandalas, and the (free) blanket pattern.
- Organic and Rustic Polymer Clay Beads – from The Blue Bottle Tree. She writes, “if you’re new to the world of polymer clay […] you’ll find these beads are really easy to make. They don’t need any special skills, expensive tools, or even a pasta machine. In fact, they’re a great introduction to making polymer beads.” You know I can get behind that! I’ve long said that the supplies lists for many polymer projects can be super intimidating to beginners not to mention expensive.
- Giant Pom Pom Garland – and easy party decoration from Best Birthdays. These are too cool. You don’t get a sense of how big they are until you scroll down to the bottom of the post and see the image with the chair in it for scale.
Enjoy your weekend!